Black Tank Rinse Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Rinse Leak

Whenever I use the black tank rinse, clean water leaks into the basement. It sounds like this has happened to others. What is the fix? Has a nozzle broken loose from the black tank?
    GMC 2012 Denali Dually
    2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB4
    Pressure Pro TPMS

The hose going to the tank sprayer sprang a leak, my 2004 was imposable to replace hose short of taking down tank T ran a new sprayer to front corner and abandon the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by EDT View Post
      The hose going to the tank sprayer sprang a leak, my 2004 was imposable to replace hose short of taking down tank T ran a new sprayer to front corner and abandon the old one.
      Does this mean the black tank only has one sprayer nozzle? I like the idea to abandon. It is really tight space

This seems like a good replacement: http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40126-To.../dp/B000BUU5TU
      GMC 2012 Denali Dually
      Pressure Pro TPMS

Comment

You didn't say where it was leaking, so I'll just talk about the leak we had on our 2010 38TKSB3. When I would flush the tank, I would have a rivulet of water (clear) running out of the belly right behind the water inlet compartment. It was a stream of about 3/8 inch wide or less (wild guess there on width). We had ran into problems here in the mobile home park we are in because of high water pressure from their well. It caused leaks at the shower valves, bathroom sink valves, and kitchen sink valves. While the dealership fixed the shower leak, on the other two, I simply reached back in by hand and tightened the PEX fittings.

So, I decided to try the same with the flush system. I was barely able to reach back into the belly with my arm and grab the PEX fitting with my thumb and one finger. It hardly moved at all when I tried to turn it, but it completely stopped that 3/8 inch leak. I'm of the mind to go around occasionally and re-tighten all the PEX fittings.

Terry
        Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
        2008 Ford F450
        2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

That is what I used

Comment

I had water in the basement after using the black tank flush. There is a backflow valve behind the shower that you can get at through the wall in the bedroom on our 2010 TKSB3. I replaced the valve but the new one also leaked, I put a preasure regulator on the line and had no more problems.

Tom
            Tom & Irene
            2010 MS 36TKSB3 5107
            2011 Chev 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Loopie View Post
              I had water in the basement after using the black tank flush. There is a backflow valve behind the shower that you can get at through the wall in the bedroom on our 2010 TKSB3. I replaced the valve but the new one also leaked, I put a preasure regulator on the line and had no more problems.
              This sounds similar to my leak. The leak followed the red/blue water lines from below the shower into the basement.

#1 I'll check the fittings in the plumbing access opening behind the shower in the bedroom.

#2 And I will try with and without a pressure regulator.

Thanks to all for the ideas.
              GMC 2012 Denali Dually
              Pressure Pro TPMS

Comment

Hi, where is the black tank rinser?, where is the water inlet for rincing? DRV Mobile 36TKSB 2008. Thank you

Comment

Should be in the outside utility cabinet. May not be marked.
                  Vickie & David
                  SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
                  Alicia - Custom kitchen
                  2014 F450 KR 4x4
                  Titan 65g tank
                  2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Hi, could it be the water plus at the right of the fresh water connection? as on the image

Comment

Terry is right, tighten the fittings, we have found four fittings with leaks on a 2014 unit. No leaks when we took ownership. This issue goes with pulling down the road and get a good watts pressure regulator.

God bless
                      JTS
                      2014 TKSB3

Comment

Originally posted by Tattoo View Post
                        Hi, could it be the water plus at the right of the fresh water connection? as on the image
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1153[/ATTACH]
                        Tattoo,

Your picture isn't showing for some reason. Let me attach one from our 2010 Mobile Suites. The one with the black hose and labeled "San-T-Flush is the one on ours for flushing the black tank. The only other inlet in the outside compartment is the one to the upper left that is the inlet for filling the fresh water tank. So, it is likely that your flush inlet is the one on the right.

Oh, and to correct part of my previous statement about the water leak at our flush inlet, I meant to say the stream of water was 3/16", not 3/8" in width. Sorry about that.

Terry
                        Attached Files
                        Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Thank's Terry, mine doesn't have any identification, but it's the same, I'll try it and let you know. Thank's again for your help

Comment

On my 2003, Terry, the Sani-flush label warns you to always have the "Body Waste" (black waste) tank valve open when deploying the flush mechanism and recommends you use a hose reserved for non-potable water use only. FYI.
                            Wil & Tammi
                            Ignatz McGraw "Iggy" the Schipperke escape artist & munchkin muncher

2003 CKS Mobile Suites
                            2003 Ford F-350 V-10 Duallie

1990 Airstream Excella 25' TT

Comment

Wil,

That is why there are two hoses in my picture. White for fresh water and black for flushing black tank. As for flushing, I do things differently than some. I start by dumping until very little movement is noticed in the clear plastic extension that I have just so I can see what is in the lines. Then, I flush continuously for roughly 7 to 10 minutes. Then I close the black tank and allow it to collect water for about 2 1/2 minutes before opening the valve again to allow it to drain for 2 1/2 minutes. Then I usually do two more cycles like that and by then the water seen in the clear plastic extension is clear with nothing floating by that isn't water.

Now, while doing the close and open cycles, I do not leave the immediate area of the valves. As my last action, I close the black valve and then walk back to the hydrant to shut off the flushing water. Those few seconds allows a little bit of water to be collected in the tank so that any solids introduced right after flushing will still be introduced to at least a little water in the tank. Once done, I then drain the black hose of the water that is remaining within it.

Terry
                              Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Working...
                              X