This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Dealer List

I have been given an official dealers list from Doubletree.
    Attached Files
    Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
    2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
    S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
    Retired & Full timing

dealer list

I just phoned 3 dealers on your updated list and ask for the Mobile Suites Sales Rep listed on the sheet, all 3 said I had the wrong number.

Again another frustrating factor given to us by Mobile Suites.

Comment

Which ones? Were they dealers? I assume the rep is from the factory.
      Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
      Retired & Full timing

Comment

The Sales Reps in the last column listed are from the factory. They just cover the areas where that Suite dealer is located.

The phone #'s are for the Dealerships. You would need to call the Factory if you wanted to speak with Regional Sales Rep for their Extensions or Cell #'s.
        Vickie & David
        SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
        Alicia - Custom kitchen
        2014 F450 KR 4x4
        Titan 65g tank
        2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Dealers:

The dealer in Wichita Kansas "Flint Hills R.V." Is not a good dealer. He cant fix a problem, and when he's confronted He just does'nt care. He said he's not going to sell Mobile Suites any way.

Comment

I THINK the dealer in Abilene, TX, is long gone--at least not at the original location.
            Joe
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Da Wds View Post
              I have been given an official dealers list from Doubletree.
              Any chance of getting an updated list from your source?
              LeRoy & Dorothy DeVries
              Fulltimer RV'ers
              2008 Mobile Suite 36TK3 | 2009 Ford F450 Hauler
              Web: http://www.rvfulltimer.com/
              Location http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1591

Comment

If you are looking for a good dealer, I would try Apache out of Bellevue, NE. The contact person is Nancy Sothan. They were great with us and have been very helpful. You need a bid, give her a call and she will get you one with the information that you give her with or without modifications.
                Fritz and Cheryl Steinhoff
                2010 38RSSB3 w/vanity # 5384
                2007 Dodge Dually

Comment

List as of December 2009

I created this from the DRV site
                  It's a PDF file
                  Attached Files
                  Mikey
                  Maureen and Percy too!
                  2007 MS36TK3
                  2008 F450
                  Fulltiming at last!
                  www.homeiswhereweparkit.net
                  Newest endeavour: www.5thwheelforums.com A Proud Sponsor of SOITC

Comment

Dealer lists sem to be pretty fluid. Best bet probably would be to call Drv and talk to Dan Taur.
                    Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
                    Retired & Full timing

Comment

List is flawed. Some dealers not on the list & some should not be. I seems that DRV is going out of there way to hide things from us. I am starting to regret our decision. The more I read these forums the madder & sicker I get !!!!!!!!!
                      [SIGPIC]
                      Pat & Sandy Laurendine
                      Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
                      2014.5 44' Memphis Elite Suites
                      2012 F450 Lariate w/ Factory
                      Reese 18K Hitch
                      Line-X Color Match Spray In Bed Liner

Comment

PatL,

First of all, the very first list was a list from 2008, as per the date of the first post. The second list that was posted as a pdf file was a 2009 list. Sad to say, dealers can come and go. Usually the ones that go are the ones that don't or can't afford to keep the high valued RV's in stock like they should.

Our dealer here in Oklahoma City was one such dealer. When the economy went bad, they had to drop DRV because of the cost of inventory. When they were a full time dealer, they almost always had one Elite Suites, two Mobile Suites, and three Select Suites in stock. It takes a lot of investment to keep that much stock on hand. And, when they don't sell that often because of their cost, the interest on that investment eats into cash reserves and cash flow.

But, even with them NOT being an official DRV dealer, we were still able to special order our Mobile Suites through them. They are also able to handle any warranty work on ours because of the special order.

As for what you hear on forums, ANY forums, keep in mind that many people use forums merely to bash a product, other use the forums to mention problems with the hope of getting a solution. In both cases, one has a tendency to get a negative image of the product.

Well, guess what? The same thing happens on just about every forum out there that is dedicated to a brand or whatever. Are there going to be problems? Of course there will be. Even Rolls Royce has a service department.

I have long had a philosophy to ask a specific question when I have had doubts. That question, directed to owners of that brand is this, "Given that you were going to buy another RV, would you buy "brand XXX" again?" I would venture a guess that the vast majority of owners of DRV products would buy DRV products again.

When we bought our unit last year, there were several problems. All were addressed and fixed. I can honestly say that I don't have any regrets.

Terry
                        Last edited by millerjnt; 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM.
                        Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
                        2008 Ford F450
                        2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

As Terry said, why gripe about an outdated spreadsheet.
                          Go to the Website of DRV and check their dealer locater.
                          Or better yet, contact DRV by phone.

http://www.drvsuites.com/locator.php
                          Vickie & David
                          SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
                          Alicia - Custom kitchen
                          2014 F450 KR 4x4
                          Titan 65g tank
                          2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Never really looked at a offical list of dearerships. We have owned other brands of 5th wheel and it became very apparent that dealerships weren't the place to get repairs done. Drv can't put a lot of pressure on the Dealership, unless they sell Drv Suites only. This being said we try very hard never to go back to a dealership for repairs. Its very sad have some dealerships treat they customers. When the first year of ownership we try to go back to the Factory and get repairs done. They are the experts, I also think I would go to Interstate RV for repairs. But if you thank you want have problems with a RV, well you have better rethink that, there will be problems.

In many cases if you go to a dealership very seldom you will get things taken care of in a normal amount of time, but then again what is a normal amount of time. And if parts have to be ordered the wait will be extended. I will say each time I reached out to Drv by phone my issues was taken care of. I have used Camping World many times for repairs and installs and haven't had any complaints... Good Luck....
                            Delaine and Lindy

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's (TRADED)
                            2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 (Vanity Slide) #5057 (SOLD)

Trailer Saver Air ride TS 3 (Sold)

Pressure Pro System (SOLD)

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

I will second that tread from tinnerhammer on the Wichita, Ks. Flint Hills RV.
                              Also we had a very bad service experience with Bennetts R.V. in Granbury, Tx. would not go back there.
                              We were happy with our unit we purchased and had serviced at Oklahoma city, O.K. Lewis R.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X