Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on floor

Merry Christmas everyone.
    We have a 2017 38 RSSA Mobil Suite, we chose the Louisiana cut for the carpeting, and have noticed scratches in the flooring by the center island on the door side under the slide.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a cure for it?
    Our 2014 38RSSA had the carpet in the living area and had no scratches. I am wondering if it’s because the carpet held up the slide.
    Any suggestions?

We're very careful about sweeping and or vacuuming the floors prior to retracting the slides. It doesn't take much debris to interfere with the roller / floor interaction. You might inspect the rollers. So far we've been lucky with no scratches deformations or issues. We'd still prefer even less carpet than even the mentioned Louisiana cut. We've heard people mention nylon protectors that can be put down in front of the rollers but have never used them.
    Be well.
    J & J
    DRV Suites, ES-38RSSA #9679
    GM Denali, 3500HD-Max, 4x CC, 8' DRW
    EZGo-txt, ClubCar Precedent

Comment

We removed the carpet in our LR of our 2012 and noticed scratches. I purchased "slide slickers" from Tweety's after having Slade at Rolling Retreats adjust the slide twice. They are long vinyl things that protect the floor from the slide. Also, I've seen posters comment that they went to Home Depot or flooring store for remnants of vinyl plank flooring.
      Jan & Thomas
      2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
      2012 Ford F350
      Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

If your trailer is still under warranty, DRV should send you new floor planks to replace the scratched ones. The did for us (but I will admit I haven’t gotten around to installing them yet). Our scratches mainly came from the top of the slide breaking a lense on a light and the glass shards got under the slide, but we had some minor scuffs from the slide itself as well. I bought some slide slickers as well and use them for the DS slide. I have not noticed any new scratches since using the slide slickers.
        2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
        2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4

Comment

We simply have carpet runners where slide comes in. Slide (should) travels in and out just above the floor. About 1/2”.
          Bill & Jody
          2018 Cumberland (modified!)
          2016 F450 DRW4X hauler

Comment

Also, there are no rollers on door side. Rollers are on off door side. We put 1/8” x 8” paneling pieces down where rollers are.
            Bill & Jody
            2016 F450 DRW4X hauler

Comment

I looked under the carpet that overlaps slide onto the main floor on the door side and found rollers that are causing the problem. Check and make sure they aren’t bound up.

Comment

My apologies for my earlier post. There are now rollers in the floor on the door side slide. Neither my 09 or 13 had rollers there just a long angled piece of some polymer. Apparently they changed design sometime after 2013! However these rollers do not travel in with the slide. The slide bottom simply rolls over them. As the coach travels over the road the sides and floor flex which is what causes the scratches. As I said prior, the slide floor is about 1/2" above the floor (or it would have torn the heat registers off) when it is retracted so we have thin carpet pieces that we keep there so that while traveling, the flexing of floor and slide will not scratch the floor.
                Bill & Jody
                2016 F450 DRW4X hauler

Comment

Working...
                X