Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 MOBILE SUITES 40KSSB4 issues

Not that I'm complaining...
    In 2015 I purchased a 2016 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 and for the cost I was expecting a flawless experience with my rig.
    I noticed a lot of trim flaws, panels not secured by any fasteners. This was fixed by the dealer.
    The convection oven/microwave door would keep popping open, this was replaced with a new oven.
    Almost every l.E.D. light has either burned out or is flickering. Lights have been replaced. 5 more have been ordered a few days ago, since the flickering has started again. The folks at Mobile suites has told me that it is a L.E.D issue and I still had to pay for the bad lights.
    The front and rear end caps weren’t sealed from the factory. This was finally resolved.
    The fireplace went out. I had to pull out the fireplace and replace a few parts/components in it to get it going again.
    Electronic door key went out. Had to replace it.
    The windows won’t stay up. Had to do a lot of adjustment to get window latches to not slip.
    Living room air-conditioner/heat pump went out. Had to replace whole unit.
    I have not taken this unit on a road trip yet. I have been living in it full time since I bought it. I travel in my original 5th wheel I have, a Starcraft Aruba that had its own set of issues.
    Just wondering when the Japanese are going to start building and selling 5th wheels? I will be the 1st on the waiting list to buy one.

Yes your story sounds similar to Mine. On the lights, only my 3 inch lights have failed. No problem with the 4 inch. Who have you talked to on the replacement, Factory or Light MFG.
    Yes My Fireplace it wouldn't turn off. Replace relay board.
    On the front Cap, a clearance light hole was bigger than the gasket thus I silicone in place.
    Whirlpool washer door switch failed and replaced and then failed again on my nickel.
    Oven had faulty thermostat replaced and then gas leak followed by the shut solenoid failure.
    Numerous cabinet problems. Basement door hardware problem.
    Furnace Heat duct tubes crushed.
    Winegard OTA TV Antenna failure and continued poor reception
    Kitchen faucet problems. Sink drain falling apart was my first problem Lack of pipe and glue.
    Lack of quality chalk various place at eye level and below.
    Closet door problem.
    Enough said for tonight
    Clay 2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas #8120
    Clay & Marcie
    2016 MS 38PS3/Dallas Generator and other goodies
    2015 Freightliner M2 106
    No Pets

Comment

Mark I feel your pain.
      Our unit sat in an enclosed heated garage all winter then when we pulled it out to start living in it semi full time the ussues started.
      1. Dishwasher broke
      2. Washing machine pump failed
      3. Water line to washing machine burst (messy big problem)
      4. Residential receiver leaked water on the floor
      5. Just found this one. Outdoor outlet broken when built and I just found it.
      I can't blame DRV on the residential refrigerator or some of the other issues but the latest one with the outdoor outlet, all I can say is WOW. When the unit was built it obviously was broken and they put it in anyway then covered everything with a ton of silicone and sealed it up. The only way I found it was because the silicone was cracking and I wanted to re seal it. I called DRV immediately and explained the problem, sent them pictures that I attached here and they said they would get back to me. As of today, NOTHING!! I wound up finding a replacement on Amazon. I can't wait for them to call or email me.
      CUSTOMER SERVICE. ☹
      The unit comes out again in two weeks to continue our journey, this should get interesting. In turn, if I had to pay for ALL the repairs made it would be well over 3 to 4 thousands dollars in labor. Thank God I can still do most of the work myself. Will re think my plans after getting back home in May.

Comment

Wish you the best.

Comment

Hi Clay,
          For your lights, you might want to contact Deb Collins
          Parts Advisor. She has been very helpful to me.
          DRV, LLC Cruiser RV, LLC
          0160 W 750 N 7805 North State Rd 9
          Howe, IN 46746
          www.drvsuites.comwww.cruiserrv.com

M: (260) 562-3500 Fax: (260) 562-2595

Comment

I did not include the leaking water line connections, misaligned cabinets, inoperable grey water valve/line, which is still a bit hard to pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
              Mark I feel your pain.
              Our unit sat in an enclosed heated garage all winter then when we pulled it out to start living in it semi full time the ussues started.
              1. Dishwasher broke
              2. Washing machine pump failed
              3. Water line to washing machine burst (messy big problem)
              4. Residential receiver leaked water on the floor
              5. Just found this one. Outdoor outlet broken when built and I just found it.
              I can't blame DRV on the residential refrigerator or some of the other issues but the latest one with the outdoor outlet, all I can say is WOW. When the unit was built it obviously was broken and they put it in anyway then covered everything with a ton of silicone and sealed it up. The only way I found it was because the silicone was cracking and I wanted to re seal it. I called DRV immediately and explained the problem, sent them pictures that I attached here and they said they would get back to me. As of today, NOTHING!! I wound up finding a replacement on Amazon. I can't wait for them to call or email me.
              CUSTOMER SERVICE. ☹
              The unit comes out again in two weeks to continue our journey, this should get interesting. In turn, if I had to pay for ALL the repairs made it would be well over 3 to 4 thousands dollars in labor. Thank God I can still do most of the work myself. Will re think my plans after getting back home in May.
              Is it me or is your broken electrical outlet mounted upside down also?

Comment

No, it's mounted correctly. The first picture on the left is after I removed the silicone on the top, left and right side of the cover plate. Once I remove the bottom bead the cover plate which is the right picture will come off.
                I guess what really makes me mad is that I was on hold with DRV/Cruiser for about 20 minutes and once I got connected all they did was tell me to email a letter and send a picture. Usually when i call a parts department they will look it up and give me an answer, or where I might be able to locate the part. Right now the trailer is in covered parking until the outlet arrives from Amazon. Zero help from DRV.
                ***I have been getting a little concerned though cause we are noticing that the front landing gear is slowly starting to drop a bit. I mark the legs after we disconnect and when we get ready to hitch up we are about an inch lower.***

Comment

Originally posted by Marley.mark View Post
                  Hi Clay,
                  For your lights, you might want to contact Deb Collins
                  Parts Advisor. She has been very helpful to me.
                  DRV, LLC Cruiser RV, LLC
                  0160 W 750 N 7805 North State Rd 9
                  Howe, IN 46746
                  www.drvsuites.comwww.cruiserrv.com

M: (260) 562-3500 Fax: (260) 562-2595
                  DRV has treated right on all the small things. I sure because I'm talking about it I will soon have another lamp failure. Its has been 45 days of operation without a failure. I received some spares this past summer so my replacement count now is 10 out 23. I have talked to a fellow who has a MS about a week older than mine annd finally received enough spares to replace all 3 inch lamps.

Jetstream Looking at the first picture. There seems to be an extra screw in the base plate. That is appears to me as a foreign screw to DRV, all my DRV screws have heads allowing a square drivers. Could that be dealers handy work?
                  Also when you get all the water leaks repairs watch the Anderson 4 way for a drip everyhour or so. Mine leaked between the 4 way and Hot Water Heater by-pass
                  Clay
                  Clay & Marcie
                  2015 Freightliner M2 106
                  No Pets

Comment

"I have been getting a little concerned though cause we are noticing that the front landing gear is slowly starting to drop a bit."

Do not use "AUTO" retract. Manually retract the landing gear. Hold the button til you hear the motor strain then for an additional second or two. Report back.
                    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

I do use the "Auto Retract ". On my next trip out to work on the trailer I will try and remember to get a picture to show you.

Comment

I had a jack go down just once. Normally the front jacks are the last thing energized. But this time the jacks were up and I put the slides out and in before traveling 300 miles. I'm accepting that experience as procedural, always put the jacks up last or at least try to raise them before moving.
                        My 2 cents til proven otherwise.
                        When I'm parked my front jacks will retract ia bit when the wind rocks the RV. So long term parking I put the tripod under the pin. I understand the jacks rating is 7000 pounds so with 5000 pounds on the pin the jacks have ???
                        Clay 2016 MS 38PS3
                        Clay & Marcie
                        2015 Freightliner M2 106
                        No Pets

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                          I do use the "Auto Retract ". On my next trip out to work on the trailer I will try and remember to get a picture to show you.
                          I said do "NOT" use auto retract!!!
                          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Oh...all right I'll remember that now. Thanks....

Comment

Auto retract and weather to us it or not is only a personal opinion. I have always used it for 2 years now with no problem. On ours as it retracts the legs it always "squeezes" as each leg becomes fully retracted. It of course raised the front last and squeals for a time before shutting down. Not saying any method is right or wrong this is just our experience. Even though we have had no problem with the front legs I have an appointment at Roberts RV in mid July to rebuild the front rams. I figured we were heading to Ohio anyway and don't want to be in a position that we do have problems, so we might as well stop at Roberts for peace of mind and and have them rebuilt.
                              Bobi and Dick
                              Mohave Valley, Az

Comment

Working...
                              X