App for Bridge Heights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App for Bridge Heights

What app are you using to determine bridge heights, if any? I'm guessing there are some apps that are better than others. We've not used one in the past; however, with the new DRV, it's time to give this some real consideration.

I was traveling along I-35 in downtown Ft. Worth, TX yesterday, without the trailer, and went under a bridge clearly marked 13'-6". I believe this is the required minimum height for overpasses on US interstates but to me, it's a little concerning given the height of the DRV's (especially those with 2" risers) connected to newer trucks with the taller beds.
    Bryce & Kay Koslan
    Magnolia, TX 77354
    2018 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7L 4X4 DWR
    2019 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4
    B&W Companion

Garmin RV760 GPS. Not an app but has saved us a number of times.
    2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
    2016 Western Star 5700xe

Comment

Might help a little bit--most bridges are crowned in the middle and the height posted is the lowest part that a vehicle could hit. USUALLY, there is plenty of room in the fast lane, and even in the slow lane should be ok. Does tend to be a little tense at times--have been under that one and one on SH 121 going out of downtown FW to the northeast. They'll get the rebuild done someday in downtown area, but it is all moving north on 35--never ends.
      2005 36TK3 #1869
      2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

If you haven't already, I recommend measuring yours at the tops of each of the ACs while connected to the truck. Mine is 13'4" at each A/C and is level connected.

Cheers, Ron
        2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
        2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Just as another thing to think about, we ran across an underpass that was low and NOT in our trucker's atlas, probably because it was an underpass going under an interstate highway. There is a KOA north of Pueblo, CO where if you are northbound on I-25, one has to go under the interstate and the clearance is 13' 3." We made it because our RV is at 13' 1." If one is southbound on I-25 and plan to continue South, there is no problem as KOA is on the west side of I-25. It is also a one lane underpass.

Terry
          Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
          2008 Ford F450
          2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Working...
          X