Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Mobile Suites

Hi!

We've signed paperwork for a Mobile Suites to be our next house & home. I'm very interested in being able to participate in these forums. I'm hoping this post will get me there :-)

Tim

Welcome to the club!! There's lots of info on this forum, much of it will help you going forward! What floor plan did you choose and where did you purchase it through?

Dan

Comment

Hi Tim,

You will need to create an account to join. All you need are the last 6 digits of you VIN and then click on the Login or Join button in the top RH corner of the page and follow the directions to create an account. As a forum member, you will be able to access many more topics and post/participate in them. We also have a facebook group, DRV Club/SOITC Group that allot of our club members use too.
      Last edited by RickandJaniceBinns; 10-21-2018, 11:25 PM.
      Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
      2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Thank you both.

It is weird that I created an account back on October 6th when I wanted to ask some questions about a floor plan we were considering, but I had been unable to post in the prospective owners group. When we have the coach, I'll update the VIN info for my account. I do have an account, just very limited in where I can post.

We're purchasing a 2018 38KSSB through a dealership. Opted to go new since it was at a pretty decent discount. Waiting to hear from the Service Manager/Team, but I'm guessing we'll take delivery either end of this coming week or early the following.

I had installed and Progressive Industries EMS-50 in our current coach (along with an inverter and battery bank) which I think I'd like to install in this new coach as soon as possible. With my old coach, I dug into the cavity behind the basement wall and installed it there. With Mobile Suites, when I took a look behind the wall, there doesn't appear to be much room. I'd like to ask others where they installed the EMS-50 and the remote display?

Comment

Hi Tim,

I have forwarded this issue to the forum admin. She should be getting with you through a PM.

As for location of the Progressive EMS, I mounted ours directly to the frame approximately 18" from the power cord inlet. We do not have a cord real so had room in that area. I did need to create a longer data cable to reach the control panel area inside our coat closet so I could mount the remote readout along with all the other controls and gauges.
          Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade

Comment

Thanks Rick. We have the power reel, but I was also thinking of something back there. Hadn't researched yet the max length for the data cable, but it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem.

Are the Mobile Suites pretty easy to run cables in? Are there existing conduits to places like the coat closet? I know I'll find out when I start crawling around, but hey, you've already lived it! :-)

Comment

There are no conduit runs so it can be a bit of a challenge. However, there is a gap between the floor and the underbelly insulation that the plumbing, furnace ducting and wiring is routed through that make snaking a new wire fairly easy. To access it, you should have access panels already scored in the underbelly near each end of the slide outs. These areas also have a 1"×2" wood frame glued on the back side to screw the panel back in place after any needed service. If you cut through the score on three sides you will have access. Then you will need to cut through the insulation blanket to access the "run". Now a big caution here, on our rig, the slide rack and pinion gear that the hole was designed to access was too much in my way. So after trying to use the predesigned access panel, I ended up cutting my own that was bigger and more centered where I needed it. However I copied what DRV had done on the existing access panels and framed in the area from the back side so I could use screws to help hold it in place and then seal with caulking. Most diffucult thing to get a wire around is the fresh water tank but with some patience and a good wire snake, it can be done.
              Rick Binns

Comment

In response to the delay in getting Tim approved for the forum. I got behind on checking on registrations. I apologize to anyone this affected. I think I am caught up again. Thanks

Cherri
                Bob and Cherri Strohofer
                2006 38 RL3 #2730
                SOITC Charter Members

Comment

No problem, Cherri. Life happens.

Does an owner have to be a club member to use these forums?

Comment

There is an area of the forum that requires membership to access. I would have to look to see what is there. But the short answer to your question is No you don't have to be a member to use the forum.

Cherri
                    Bob and Cherri Strohofer
                    2006 38 RL3 #2730
                    SOITC Charter Members

Comment

After a loooong delay, we're heading over this morning to pick up our new coach.

More to follow!

Comment

Post in General Topics you will get more traffic. Pics of your new rig!
                        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
                        X