Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabinet doors pulled away from the hole for the hinge grommet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alicia I believe you are making your DRV customers very happy by gluing the doors. I believe DRV should be doing quality work the first time the product is manufactured. This is quality control and many people have posted about this issue. I worked manufacturing for 30 years and if I made a product out of specification I had to fix or remake the product.
    sigpic
    Lights
    Dan & Darlene Vin # 6946

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia View Post
      When ordering a new unit, just ask your dealer to glue them all. We do this for all our units- don't want our people having any troubles. Slade says he gets tape and numbers each door, removes them, removes the hardware and then glues. We know it will happen, so we just go ahead and do each unit before it leaves us. I don't think the other dealers will mind doing this, so ..... just ask. Alicia <><
      Have you talked with DRV about this problem? Do they reimburse you for the time it takes to do this to every unit? I am amazed that a dealer would accept this as a known problem and not have the factory correct it. You have a good reputation here but this seems way above and beyond. Thanks for being so customer oriented.
      Paul

2013 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 w/Triple Axles and a Hydralift motorcycle lift
      2013 Ford F450 with a hauler bed

Comment

I can't believe a dealer does this.

If I were the head of QC at DRV I would be reviewing all the warranty documentation, issues and cost. I would then prioritize the issues by total cost and total occurrences. Would then get together with Engineering, come up with a solution, write the fixit specifications and issue the new process specifications to the shop Forman for immediate implementation. Then would add the fix to the QC inspection list to insure the fixes were being implemented correctly.

Anything short of this procedure is shorting the end customers and allowing poor quality out the door.

Please wake up DRV, enough is enough. How much longer are you going to let your customers complain about your quality in open forums?
        Golf_Bears

Comment

Ours also and am having dealer redo all doors.
          Marshall & Nancy

2013 Elite Suites 38RESB3
          2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax
          Solar 880 Watts, 24V

Comment

doors coming loose

rjlabonte

I agree. Then I would go to lunch. All they have to do to identify major issues is to monitor this forum.

Jack
            Last edited by jdjl; 12-31-2012, 09:10 PM. Reason: left out a word

Comment

Originally posted by Psaint View Post
              Have you talked with DRV about this problem? Do they reimburse you for the time it takes to do this to every unit? I am amazed that a dealer would accept this as a known problem and not have the factory correct it. You have a good reputation here but this seems way above and beyond. Thanks for being so customer oriented.
              Slade has voiced this to them at the factory. Until this is changed, we just fix it ourselves and they would more than likely reimburse us, but we do not turn it in. Slade often just fixes thing, warranty or not, that are minor and does not charge DRV or the customer. He's just a pretty good 'ole boy sometime We sold pre-owned DRV products exclusively for years before becoming a new dealer and we have always really tried to put ourselves in the customers shoes and put out units like we would want to receive them ourselves. Attention to details. We did this on the used market and guess it just carries over to the new side. We just love what we are Blessed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lights View Post
                Alicia I believe you are making your DRV customers very happy by gluing the doors. I believe DRV should be doing quality work the first time the product is manufactured. This is quality control and many people have posted about this issue. I worked manufacturing for 30 years and if I made a product out of specification I had to fix or remake the product.
                Thank you! We do our best.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia View Post
                  Slade has voiced this to them at the factory. Until this is changed, we just fix it ourselves and they would more than likely reimburse us, but we do not turn it in. Slade often just fixes thing, warranty or not, that are minor and does not charge DRV or the customer. He's just a pretty good 'ole boy sometime We sold pre-owned DRV products exclusively for years before becoming a new dealer and we have always really tried to put ourselves in the customers shoes and put out units like we would want to receive them ourselves. Attention to details. We did this on the used market and guess it just carries over to the new side. We just love what we are Blessed to do.
                  Good job Alicia, its always good to hear when a business places customer service as #1.
                  Bruce
                  2012 MS38RESB3 #6277
                  2013 Super Duty F450 KR

Comment

Good service reaps its rewards. In spite of Rolling Retreats (Alicia and Slade) only being a "new" DRV dealer for one year, they have been named as being among the top 10 dealerships. I presume that is based on sales, so they must be doing something right.

Terry
                    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
                    2008 Ford F450
                    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      Good job Alicia, its always good to hear when a business places customer service as #1.
                      Thanks Bruce! Without our DRV customers, we would be nothing, literally, since it is all we sell, LOL. We were both raised to treat others the way you would want to be treated.

Comment

Alicia -

You and Slade have made a difference! Though we have yet to PDI and take possession of our new Elite Suites, we did get to see it in the service bay here in Dallas this past weekend. The cabinet and door hinges are all screwed directly into the wood - there are no plastic inserts into pre-drilled holes!

Just wanted to thank you and everyone else who gave feedback to DRV that the inserts were a bad idea. The factory did listen to you! I wish the manufacturer of my previous fifth wheel would have listened to some of the owners, but then I wouldn't be picking up my new DRV on Friday! So, thank all of you who did make a difference and helped DRV to make a better RV!

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by geo-gypsy View Post
                          Alicia -

You and Slade have made a difference! Though we have yet to PDI and take possession of our new Elite Suites, we did get to see it in the service bay here in Dallas this past weekend. The cabinet and door hinges are all screwed directly into the wood - there are no plastic inserts into pre-drilled holes!

Just wanted to thank you and everyone else who gave feedback to DRV that the inserts were a bad idea. The factory did listen to you! I wish the manufacturer of my previous fifth wheel would have listened to some of the owners, but then I wouldn't be picking up my new DRV on Friday! So, thank all of you who did make a difference and helped DRV to make a better RV!

Ron
                          Your welcome & Congratulations Ron on the new Elite! Hope we see you at the Amarillo Rally in April.

Comment

Same problem with my 2012 MS. Hinge pulled out before delivery.

Comment

I was at the factory last month having some other issues worked on when one of the flip up doors came off the hinge. I have just about done all of the doors in my unit with Gorilla Glue except a few. Fred (factory technician) said Gorilla Glue was the best to use, and then stated to install a small screw in the hinge after you glue the hinge. He went through the camper and re-glued all the hinges and installed a screw in each hinge. Problem solved! The factory is well aware of this problem.
                              Al & Ann Kelty
                              2015 Mobile Suite PS3 with Vanity Slide
                              2012 Dodge Ram Laramie 3500 6.7 HO
                              AMSOIL Bumper to Bumper
                              Meg Hytec Transmission and Differential Covers
                              Edge Insight
                              Trailer Saver Hitch
                              Firestone Air Bags
                              ReTrax Pro Bed Cover
                              TST Tire Monitoring System

Comment

Working...