DOMETIC REFRIG RM 1350 4-door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOMETIC REFRIG RM 1350 4-door

the original needs to come out and be replaced. mobile repair man says it has to go out a window???? measurements online say tight fit but it will go out, anybody have experience with this???

We replaced our 1350 with a residential fridge. I took the doors off of our 1350 and it fit with ease thru the doorway. Under no circumstances would I allow anyone to remove a non leaking non moisture filled window.

Jim
    2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS with Vanity Slide # 5683, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually.
    Our Adventures

Comment

Can you tell me more about putting in the residential fridge? Did you have to modify the fridge cabinet? Any electrical changes?
      thanks

Comment

Much will depend on your coach and the space you have in the kitchen slide for the refrigerator. We've done the change-over from the Dometic to a residential fridge, and it did involve modifying the space for the refrigerator. In our case, we had to lower the "floor" for the refrigerator in the slide and do away with the cabinet over the refrigerator. Our new fridge is a Samsung 18 cubic foot french-style unit and just does fit into place.

If you want to see what we had done, based on the modifications made by others, check out this thread, which has a bunch of links to the change-overs of others and of our own. If your situation might be similar and you are interested, I have even more photos available to show what we did with ours.

Saga of a Residential Refrigerator

As for removing and installing the new refrigerator, we simply removed the doors from both units and there was plenty of room to move them in and out through the entry door.

Terry
        Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
        2008 Ford F450
        2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

door size

have to ask how wide your entry door is? mine is like 27-1/2 inches.

Comment

With the door fully opened to get it out of the way, ours is 28" wide. If I remember right, we had like an inch to spare???

Terry
            Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Is there an official recall for this fridge? We've had several issues and had the circuit board replaced. I checked Dometic's website and didn't see this model listed as an official recall.

Comment

I don't think there is an actual recall for the fridge. This thread just happened to be posted in this category instead of any of the others.

Terry
                Terry and Jo

2008 Ford F450

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Working...
                X