Gas Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Valve

There is a valve in the cabinet between the stove and the frig that I assume has something to do with the gas. Is it supposed to be warm to the touch when nothing is running? This is in a 2012 TKSB3

I can't answer exactly to whether it ought to be warm to the touch or not, but it is a valve that is connected to the range cover. It is designed so that the valve is closed when the cover is down, thus no gas getting to any burner. When the cover is raised, it opens the valve. When we replaced our RV fridge with a residential, I removed a ground wire that was attached to the gas line and going to ground. After that, our range wouldn't work. The valve is grounded through the copper gas line, so I had to hook that back up. Good thing I hadn't thrown it away.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Yikes, we just checked ours and it's warm. The stovetop was up, we closed it and will check it later. Hmmmm
      Jan & Thomas
      2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
      2012 Ford F350
      Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

Sounds like a solenoid valve - energize to open - when the stove top cover is up. The coil part of the valve will be warm due to small current flowing through it to hold the valve open. When cover is down, valve de-energises and an internal spring closes it.
        Bill M, Ontario, Canada
        2015 MS 38RSSA #7348.
        2009 Ram Dually Diesel, 68RFE, 4.10 axles.
        In Good I Trust

Comment

We have a residential fridge and an induction cook top - I presume this does not apply to us at all? Am I correct?
          David and Renee
          2014 41RSSB4 w/vanity slide ES
          2013 3500 HD dually
          "We're work camping our way across America!"

Comment

If you don't have a stove top cover, then no--and no gas valve, either.
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

I had to disconnect our gas valve behind the stove/oven. Every time we raised the stove lid the kitchen/living room slide fuse would blow and the valve became extremely hot. Couldn't even touch the thing for more than a second.

The valve is only there to keep a person from operating the stove/oven with the lid down. I just put a union between the two gas lines and everything works fine now.

The stove top has it's own fuse (#18) in the fuse panel and it has never blown. Only the kitchen/living room slide fuse would blow when lifting the stove lid. I'm assuming they wired the valve into the slide lights instead of giving it its own 12v source.

Voice mail and email sent to Greg Weldon. Still waiting on a response.
              Last edited by jbbdc; 08-25-2014, 08:45 PM.
              Jim & Barb
              www.suiteadventure.com

2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
              2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
              2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
              Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
              Volvo 770
              2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

Update. Just want to say that Greg did respond this morning. Don't want anyone to think DRV is not responsive to customers. He even offered to pay for someone to install the valve. That won't be necessary.
                Jim & Barb
                www.suiteadventure.com

Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
                Volvo 770
                2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

Have an issue with the electro-magnetic switch that operates the gas solenoid. The magnetic switch that is supposed to be mounted to the lift mechanism apparently had shifted position and fell from the mechanism. DRV Supplied replacement magnet switch(s). After re mounting the switch, the gas valve solenoid operates intermittently. When the magnet is hand held, the gas valve solenoid operates consistently. Now DRV suggests that the gas valve solenoid be replaced. Put in a manual toggle switch to solve the immediate issue. Will be taking unit to factory for this and other issues, in late spring.

Comment

Fireman, our gas valve solenoid was giving us problems too. A couple posts above yours I mentioned that I took ours out altogether. It is only there as a safety device so one doesn't run the stove/oven with the lid down. We don't have any problem remembering to lift the lid beforehand, so the valve is unnecessary in our case.
                    Jim & Barb
                    www.suiteadventure.com

Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
                    Volvo 770
                    2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

Hi all, can someone tell me exactly where it is located?
                      BobQ
                      Bob & Snookie
                      2012 38RSSB3/VANITY SLIDE
                      2006 F-550 CUSTOM HAULER BED / Auto Air Ride
                      TrailerSaver TSL3 Hitch

Comment

Behind the stove. Just take out the 4 or so screws holding the stove in place and slide it forward. Doesn't need to be removed completely. You'll see the gas line running into the valve (ours was green). Just remove the valve and connect the two lines together.
                        Jim & Barb
                        www.suiteadventure.com

Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
                        Volvo 770
                        2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

Working...
                        X