DRV recall on brake calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRV recall on brake calipers

Here is a link to a new recall on recently made DRV's.

the summary of the recall is:

Summary

DRV Suites (DRV) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Elite Suites and Mobile Suites fth wheel recreational trailers manufactured January 29, 2016, to November 14, 2016. The brake caliper bolts may loosen, causing a loss of braking capability

It is NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V949000 and was issued on January 3, 2017
    Learn about the NHTSA recall process
    2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
    2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4

Several people have had brake calipers fall off with units 2014 or later. Unfortunately, this recall is only fo units built in 2016. I have contacted DRV and they will still not reimburse me for my loss. I will follow-up with NHTSA to ask that they expand this recall. If you or someone you know had this problem please report to NHTSA.

REGARDS.
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

We have a 2014 Estates. Heard a grinding noise and inspection by a service center shows loose bolts on 3 of the four calipers. Overheating is requiring me to replace calipers/pads on all 4 wheels, and bearings in one of the wheels and replace one of the discs. This problem definitely started earlier than 2016. I had a blowout in July of 2015 that blew the caliper off and broke the bracket it was mounted to. Repairs made at MorRyde. This is the same wheel that now has the worst damage. I had been blaming myself for possibly letting pressure drop in the tire, now I'm not so sure it was my fault.

Comment

DON'T just ASSUME all is well under your RV!!! One of the first things I did was raise the RV and clean, file, properly lube all contact points including slide bolts and replace the pads with BEST quality semi metallic pads. Oh yea I used Blue Loctite, the DRV recall says to use RED. IMHO that is a bad choice!

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
        X