Exterior Wall Delamination on 2017 Mobile Suite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Wall Delamination on 2017 Mobile Suite

Experiencing significant wall delamination of exterior walls. Largest area is approximately 3.5' x 4.5' and growing, with several smaller areas visible as well. 2017 RSSB3 (April, 2017).

Issues is causing wall panels to crack at seams, paint to crack and gap.

Notified Warranty department. Waiting for feed back

Hope you get it resolved--probably ought to be planning for a trip to Howe, IN.
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Wingnut60,

It sickens me to think they would repair it and not replace it being less than one year one.

It's our 3rd Mobile Suite since 2006. We have never experienced issues like our 2017. Cooperation from DRV has been less than friendly to this point which is very disappointing.

I have identified 7 areas, on both sides of the coach, that have delaminate so far that range from small of about 1.5' x 1.5' to large of about 4' x 5' ...and growing.

I really don't want a brand new rebuild when I purchased a brand new unit of such high quality.

Time will tell, I will keep the post freshened up from time to time.

Comment

what can one expect when DRV is now owned by Heartland which is part of the Thor conglomerate. Its quantity over quality, Count the number of different units produced under these corporations umbrella.

Comment

I reached to Chris Hermon, President Heartland RV & DRV Suites on three occasions to date directly through email. Our expressed concerns for customer service, wall delanimation, and horrible paint job on our 2017 Mobile Suite, and third Mobile Suite since 2006, didn't even interest him enough to respond to our letters.

This would never have happened with Dave under the original ownership. DRV Suites is definitely not who they used to be on multiple fronts. Even Warranty seems entirely focused on cost & spend rather than our customer service concerns. It's been a fight all the way.

New buyers should read our post with keen interest. They look beautiful and now cost from $110,000 - $170,000. We don't feel they should never have these issues. DRV even boasts on their website wall building video that "the possibility of wall delamination is eliminated" with their process. That's BUNK!

Comment

Not something to look forward to, but...time for a lawyer?
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

In all fairness I needed to give them an opportunity to make repairs as the warranty process calls for. Rightfully so, I cannot and shouldn't take that step until I have it back and that's still another few weeks. I'm afraid you are correct this time.

They just don't seem to care and that's not the DRV Suites we fell in love with...

Comment

What was the outcome?

2011 Mobile Suite 38RSSB3
                2011 F450 (Das Beast)

Comment

Working...
                X