help axle bearings gone no help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help axle bearings gone no help

bad accident no help from drv this left on side of road, cause of axles not good, you are on your own
    2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 HO
    2012 36ressb3 6089 vanity slide

Last drv i buy
    2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 HO

Comment

They couldnt even get help to get us of the road now we are on three wheels not even to think of wheel hit we got no help yet
      2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 HO

Comment

I am confused, easy to do to me, about your post, tell us exactly what happened. You state bad accident, hope everyone is ok, did someone hit you, you them, hit a pole, curb or did axles just fail? How about contacting your insurance for road side assistance?
        Tom & Judy
        2011 36RSSB3 w/vanity slide Born 6/15/2011 FOR SALE SOLD

2012 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 4x4 SOLD
        sigpic States stayed in while fulltiming

Comment

Your post makes no sense????
          2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS with Vanity Slide # 5683, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually.
          Our Adventures

Comment

I agree with the confusion, of course not enough info, but if you were in an accident that caused problems, "HOW IS THAT THE FAULT OF DRV?". Maybe you like so many others think that everything on your DRV product is made by DRV, not so and undercarriage is one of the big things that is not made by them. DRV makes the body, and insulates it, adds the wiring and all the other systems that are made by other manufacturers.

Of course I don't understand why anyone would expect DRV to get them help to get off the road after a problem rears its ugly head, most have roadside assistance for that, or should have.

We still are rolling with our 05 MS and to date no big problems that were considered DRV responsibility, and not major problems at all. Tires blowing caused major damage, but not DRV responsibility, GoodYear stepped up and paid the damage because it was their tire problems. I just have to wonder a couple of things when I see someone say they will never buy another DRV product: 1. Is DRV cutting back on quality at the factory? and 2. What is the real underlying reason some are having problems with their DRV products?

We have never been happier with any RV than we are with our MS and I have owned RV's since 1961, all types and classes and just never had anything even close to the quality of our MS.

Hope you get your problem fixed as any roadside problems sometimes seem bigger than they really are.

Happy RVing.

Comment

Not sure how old your 2012 is, but all DRV's come with a one-year Coach-net service. They will tow if there's an equipment failure if you're stuck on the side of the road. There are other road-side services as well.

Now if it were from a vehicle accident, then it's a call to your friendly insurance adjustor to get a tow.

DRV can't do much more than give you the phone # to mfger. Check your paperwork that comes with the unit.
              Vickie & David
              SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
              Alicia - Custom kitchen
              2014 F450 KR 4x4
              Titan 65g tank
              2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Obviously something happen to the bearing by what we are trying to decipher from your cryptic message. A bit more information would allow us to possibly give you some help or direction. As I have found going through life is things happen, and I deal with it as it comes up. This too can be dealt with. Fill us in and lets get you back on the road.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Stacey & Gail
                E.W.I.G. (Ex-Weigh-It-Guy)
                '04 36 TK3 / SOITC #1341
                '99 Int'l LoPro MDT
                See Bill & Joan's New Adventure Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com

Comment

bearing failed right rear axle, wheel and rotor came off crossed road into on coming traffic and head on into 18 wheeler destroyed front off truck no one hurt thank god lippert says they are going to take care of it now we'll see
                  2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 HO

Comment

Ok now that makes sense. That must have been a terrifying experience for you. Glad we are not reading about a death from this. Lippert should be involved and doing what needs to be done. Keep us informed as things progress.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Stacey & Gail
                    E.W.I.G. (Ex-Weigh-It-Guy)
                    '04 36 TK3 / SOITC #1341
                    '99 Int'l LoPro MDT
                    See Bill & Joan's New Adventure Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com

Comment

also no towing company could tow the trailer i guess they are not equiped with dollys , and trailer is to tall to put on rollback trailer we do have roadside assistance that does not help if they cant tow you.
                      2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 HO

Comment

Bull,

I hope you have called the Road Side assistance folks back and explained they need to send another tow company that can handle such a problem. How many miles has your rig been towed? It is interesting to have a bearing failure in such a new rig. What type of axle does it have. Is it the Never Lube or the new oil bath?

Good Luck and hope all works out. Breaking down on the road is not a fun thing.

Lon
                        Lon & Barb Myhre
                        2010 MS 38 TKSB #5313

Comment

You might ask the tow company to send out a semi with a low boy trailer. This is the kind used to carry big road building equipment. On my last coach, SOB and 38', that is what they sent then they winched my trailer on to the low boy. Sure was fun to watch even though I was PO'd but I was also under warranty so it made it a little easier. Good Luck and thanks for clarifying your problems.
                          Tom & Judy
                          2011 36RSSB3 w/vanity slide Born 6/15/2011 FOR SALE SOLD

2012 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 4x4 SOLD
                          sigpic States stayed in while fulltiming

Comment

Hello All, I would like to add some imformation to this thread. I purchased a 2012 38RSSB3 this past Sep., I just resently had to have all 4 (FOUR) hub assemblys replaced because of leaking seals. If you have the oil bathed bearings on your rigs pay close attention for any signs of leaking, both on the outside and inside of the wheels. Also after you have service work done on any part of the wheels be sure and check those lug bolts, Its very important. Ive been tightening mine for about a thousand miles now!!

Happy travels to you all,
                            Bob
                            Bob & Snookie
                            2012 38RSSB3/VANITY SLIDE
                            2006 F-550 CUSTOM HAULER BED / Auto Air Ride
                            TrailerSaver TSL3 Hitch

Comment

Had a similar problem a few years ago, Coach-Net and DRV step up to the bat and took care of everything. Coach-net sent a low boy in to take us to the fixit shop. See attached picture, click on it to enlarge. That is how they did it for us. IMG_1414.jpg
                              Golf_Bears

Comment

Working...
                              X