IS spring on 41RSSB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS spring on 41RSSB4

We have a new 41RSSB4 (2016) and have already had one of the springs fail. That being said we were over weight when we brought the coach home with very little loaded in it. Anyone else had a weight issue with this model coach.

I have a 2015 41RSSB4 and do run overweight. Had one spring rubber go bad after about a year if that is what you are referring to. Mor/Ryde has an adapter that reinforces the the cross member. How much overweight are you? I will try to attach pictures of the fix I am talking about. The fix creates a steel sandwich over the cross member. You can call me to discuss problem. 334 567 2445
    FS
    FS 7561. 41RSSB4 2015 Customized with Elite Upgrades Vanity Slide and Rear Entertainment AirLift Air Bags, Mor/Ryde Pin Box and IS Disc Brakes Trailer Saver TS3 2015 Chevy 3500 4x4 DRW

Comment

I am at 17,500# on my IS axles and after one year MORryde said the springs were in spec and they were in good shape.

frscherock did your "axles" show a bend before adding the selves? What are your axle weights?
      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

On a Cat Scale I was running about 1000lbs over wgt. I was at MorRyde for general maintenance and they weighed individually. I was way over and all on the front axel. After I had the fix installed, had them weigh me again. This time with the additional weight of the brackets I weighed less and the weights varied. This told me their scales were out of calibation. I called DRV and they got me in and weighed me and I was 8235 on front axel and 8250 on the rear and the individual weights were where I would expect them to be. Axels did not show any bend. DRV weight was with all tanks empty but fully loaded with person items etc. and I carry a lot of stuff. The brackets just gave me a bit of comfort.

FS

FS 7561. 41RSSB4 2015 Customized with Elite Upgrades Vanity Slide and Rear Entertainment AirLift Air Bags, Mor/Ryde Pin Box and IS Disc Brakes Trailer Saver TS3 2015 Chevy 3500 4x4 DRW

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering because two pcs of channel welded together is a VERY strong "axel" to begin with.
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Originally posted by Maxtow View Post
            We have a new 41RSSB4 (2016) and have already had one of the springs fail. That being said we were over weight when we brought the coach home with very little loaded in it. Anyone else had a weight issue with this model coach.
            hello. I am curious to know what alerted you to the spring failure. Was it a ride issue? How did you know?

thanks

Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
            Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
            2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Working...
            X