Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Box Bolts

Hello everyone,

Just an FYI, if you haven't checked or torqued your PIN BOX BOLTS it might be a good idea. I had 2 empty holes and decided to put bolts in them, when I torqued them I thought it would be good to check the others. It's a good thing, they were only torqued to 75#s, the specs for a 5/8 grade 8 bolt is 180 ft lbs.

Sad thing here is it's a 2017 and I have only put 3000 miles on it. Break out the torque wrench and give them a twist, can't hurt.

Have a great day and travel safe.
    Papaducky

My 2013 pin bolts were grade 5, when I changed to the Morryde box went to grade 8 also.

Comment

Tell me how you got a wrench up inside the pin box to hold the nut; I've tried.
      2017 MS 36RSSB3; delivered GVW 16.8k, most options including fiberglass roof.

2012 F-350 King Ranch CC, 6.7, LWB, SRW, Air Lift air bags w/onboard compressor, Bilsteins, 1 1/4" rear anti sway bar, Oversized Tires, aFe Finned Aluminum Hi Capacity Diff and Trannie Pans, all fluids full synthetic, PIP & KEM Tunes with SCR4, Edge CTS gauge monitoring; plus a lot of unmentionables.

Comment

My pin box actually shifted up with a load on so my air fill port was touching my overhang. Pathetic the holes are 11/16" and the bolts are 5/8". Re aligned the kingpin box drilled out to 3/4" and installed 3/4" frame bolts on all but the top two holes on each side when I used 5/8" frame bolts. With 6K pin weight the pinbox won't move now!

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, but I could not position a wrench inside the box to hold the nuts. Do you have a special too?
          2017 MS 36RSSB3; delivered GVW 16.8k, most options including fiberglass roof.

2012 F-350 King Ranch CC, 6.7, LWB, SRW, Air Lift air bags w/onboard compressor, Bilsteins, 1 1/4" rear anti sway bar, Oversized Tires, aFe Finned Aluminum Hi Capacity Diff and Trannie Pans, all fluids full synthetic, PIP & KEM Tunes with SCR4, Edge CTS gauge monitoring; plus a lot of unmentionables.

Comment

Just used a box end wrench.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
            X