Check Your Underbelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Your Underbelly

Although our Suite is 10 years old and most on the road are newer it would be a good idea to check your underbelly material.
    IMO it would be a good idea to install large flat washers on the screws that hold the plastic material up into place.
    Don't ask me how I know, it was a bad experience.
    sigpic
    Bob & Judy Schmader
    2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
    2001 F550 Starhauler
    www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
    IN GOD WE TRUST

Ooh, that doesn't sound fun. To install flat washers on every screw on the underbelly sounds like just as much work as replacing every screw on every slide with stainless steel screws. We've done that twice, once on the 2007 Select Suite and on the 2012 Mobile Suite. Over 300 screws of different sizes, ugh
    Jan & Thomas
    2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
    2012 Ford F350
    Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

Laying on your back along side of road trying to get the plastic underbelly from dragging on the road is not much fun either. In years past I installed a few flat washers on the rear underbelly because I was under there often checking the spares tire pressure and other stuff but was never under the front portion of the fiver that much.
      Yesterday I bought 2 pieces of 1-1/4" angle aluminum and will screw it across the front to hold up the plastic underbelly. It's a overkill but I do not want to be on my back along the side of the road ever again. Cost with screws was $50.
      sigpic
      Bob & Judy Schmader
      2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
      2001 F550 Starhauler
      www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
      IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

Working...
      X