No announcement yet.

Lippert frame failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get it fixed, but glad at least you received an insurance award to reduce your loss. Thank God it didn't fail on the road, could have been a real disaster. Take good care, Ron
    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Totaled??? That's insane!!!
      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Our Carrilite was totaled and had less damage than that. Insurance doesn't want to authorize a repair because if the repair fails and someone is killed, then it's on them. Carriage had a box tube frame like DRV. We had the stitch welding break above the axle area allowing the frame members to move independently of each other. Insurance saw the pics and said, "Totaled".
        Alie & Jim
        2017 Memphis
        98 Volvo Pickup

Comment

Just wondering, how did you notice the broken weld? I plan on walking around our unit (2014 38RSSB3) and looking at as much as possible before we hit the road again, but not sure really what to look for. Thanks.

Comment

Look at the distance from the top of your pinbox to bottom of cap unhitched then hitched. Space decreases more than 1/2" you may have an issue!
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Cummins12V98 covered "the test". I like to spy on the pin box from time to time while traveling. Sure enough the pin box was solid on the hitch but the fiberglass front cap was playing a different tune.... NOT Good, It was actually bouncing when I would go over a bump!! With a flash lite from below the pin box, as it goes up into the nose I could see where it was starting to separate from the main frame. So I took some of the trim from that area and got kinda' upset as I could see a real mess. Thank The Good Lord It held and did not drop on the hi-way.

Comment

Working...
              X