West Coast Trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast Trip

Here is an update from our wonderful west coast trip. We are leaving the Mt. St. Helen's area tomorrow and working our way towards Spokane, WA. This west coast trip has been wonderful and the sights we have seen we will never forget. If you get the opportunity I highly suggest making the trip. The "Giant Redwoods" RV park in Myers Flat, CA. was a hidden gem in the Avenue Of The Giants Park. This is a place that doesn't get the credit it deserves. Further up the 101 we stayed in "Shoreline RV" Crescent City, CA. Not only was the weather perfect for late March but our site was right on the Pacific Ocean (AWESOME). We even got a private tour of the Crescent City Lighthouse from its keeper.
    Grants Pass in Oregon was really nice (Bridgeview RV Park) was very pretty and we camped on the Rogue River. Georgia was the name of the office lady and she is top notch. She directed us to great restaurant and things to do and see in the area. Further up in Oregon we stayed at "Roamers Rest" outside of Portland and it was nice but crowded. Its proximity to Portland is exactly what we needed though.
    Spent the last week at "Silver Cove RV Resort in Silver Lake, WA. This place was top notch. I will be putting in a 5 star review in RVParky. If you ever get the chance to be in the Mt. ST. Helens area this is the place.. I will try and post a picture below.
    Tonight we are in Umatilla, OR at "Umatillia Marina and RV park. Once again, wow! We are right on the Columbia River at a clean, comfortable campground and at 28 dollars you can't beat it. Off to Spokane, WA tomorrow. The journey continues...
    Mt. St. Helens 04/18/2018 Silver Cove RV Resort

Terrific report. We are headed that way after Tucson and Phoenix. May need to try one of your campgrounds, thanks.
    Joe
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Jetsatream I have ONE question, why the HE!! would you travel to the NW this time of year???
      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

With the exception of Portland where it rained for 4 days the trip has been great. We haven't had any rain otherwise or snow, sunny blue skies especially in Northern California when we thought we were going to get rain. E want to be back home to Colorado by Memorial day weekend when everyone else hits the road and enjoy the summer at home in the mountains..
        Plus, we are retired. Have all the time in the world

Comment

Well if it was your first time in the NW do your self a favor and come back in August. About guaranteed to have nice weather.
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

We lived just outside Seattle, WA and Eastern WA for about 9 years and did a lot of sightseeing in the state over that time. Never really got to see the St. Helens area so that was a must on this trip. We plan on coming back in 2020 and putting the DRV on a ferry and meeting it in Alaska then driving it home. I'll do one way but not both. 2019 will be a trip across the east coast states.
            We liked having the campgrounds to ourselves with the exception of the spring break crowd on the California coast. The things I hate about traveling in the summer are, higher gas prices, limited availability, CROWDS and feeling rushed. We have met people that would love to do what we are doing but are just to scared to take the chance. You get one shot at life and you never know when it's going to end so take the chance and do it is what I tell them. My wife wasn't onboard at first but now she doesn't want to go back. Amazing....

Comment

YUP different strokes! Just wanted people to know the NW WA area is best viewed in August if cloudy and rainy days are not your thing.
              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
              X