Portable grill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable grill

Looking at the Coleman grill, 2000NXT, the Aussie SS grill and the Grill4All. All have positive reviews from my FJ40 forum members. What say you fellow travelers.
    Roger & Barbara

2015 GMC 3500 CC Duramax DRW
    2011 DRV MS 36 RSSAB3 w/vanity slide

On the Pale Blue Planet, retired and happy!

Combat Vet, Vietnam 68-69

Take a look at the Weber q2000 series. Sturdy and cooks evenly.

Comment

OK, will add it to the list
      Roger & Barbara

Comment

Weber Q120
        Kerry & Carol

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie, crew cab, LB, 4X4
        2015 DRV MS 43' Dallas
        Now a F/T'er

Comment

Weber is what we found to be the best after trying a number of other brands.
          sigpic
          Gary and Penny
          2007 MS 38RL3 #3720,Level up system
          2005 Chevy 3500 4x4, 4" exhaust, Airrad intake, Edge Attitude tuner, Rancho shocks

Comment

Looked at several but after looking we settled on the Weber Q200 as easiest to clean before putting away, best materials and easy to adapt to the coaches propane outlet. Also got the Weber grill stand for it so it would be at height.
            John & Bonnie Mc Clun
            2008 F-450 King Ranch Dually
            2011 MS TKSB3 #5793
            http://drv-owners-manual.com

Comment

I travel with both a Weber Q 120 and a Holland Companion. Talked with Weber recently and they do not recommend using a quick connect to the RV

FS 7561
              FS 7561. 41RSSB4 2015 Customized with Elite Upgrades Vanity Slide and Rear Entertainment AirLift Air Bags, Mor/Ryde Pin Box and IS Disc Brakes Trailer Saver TS3 2015 Chevy 3500 4x4 DRW

Comment

We went with the Coleman Road Trip Classic Grill in blue. The legs on it will collapse and can be stored separately from the grill itself. One can also get extra grill or griddle plates so one can be more flexible with how it is to be used.

Coleman Road Trip Classic Grill - Blue at Camping World

Extra Grill and Griddle Plates

Terry
                Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
                2008 Ford F450
                2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

That is a lot of positive feedback. I have some research to do and I appreciate your time to respond to my original post. Will let everyone know what decision we make or if we have more questions.
                  Roger & Barbara

Comment

We have a Road Trip for gas and a Volcano III for charcoal or gas it is really a nice setup and folds nice and compact. We also use the volcano for an extra gas grill when cooking large stove top meals. That said I cant seem to get away from using the Ole Smokey as the smoker and general pitt, but of course if we had room I would have the Jumbo Green Egg - just like home. But compromises must be made with little space. I strongly suggest to go with the large cheapo deapo "Ole Smokey" brand from Academy for charcoal. And for the pureist in me, if you use briquets instead of lump please dont tell me :-.) And try something like the roadtrip or volcano for gas.

I wonder if my opinion is now more valuable since Bruce chimed up? Oh well at least I know it will still cost me $2.00 to buy my coffee!

Comment

We like our Weber Q a lot.

Comment

Been using our BabyQ since 2005. Works as good as when new. Top quality SS burner and cast Iron grate.
                        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Working...
                        X