It's a 2 Day Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a 2 Day Job

It takes me 2 days to clean fresh water tank. First day I add some clorox and let sit for a few hours and then it takes until the next day for the tank to drain. Second day I add some water to rinse the tank a little and it will take the rest of the day for it to drain out.
    Does everyone experience the slow draining of the tank? I wonder if mine has a kinked hose that the valve is attached to. If it's the valve that is causing it to drain so slow I may change that to a more free flowing valve.
    Bob
    sigpic
    Bob & Judy Schmader
    2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
    2001 F550 Starhauler
    www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
    IN GOD WE TRUST

Slow Drain

I believe all of the Suites drain the fresh water slow. I know ours does. When I asked about it, I was told "that is how it is"
    sigpic
    Don and Jill and Piper Schweikarth
    07 36RE3, 06 F350 CC, DRW, 4X4
    Enjoying Retirement
    www.mytripjournal.com/schweikarthtravels

Comment

Our fresh water tank also drains very slow, I have checked it and there are no kinks in it. May just be because there is no pressure on it.

Happy RVing.

Comment

Ours drains slow also. I blowed some air thru the drain line once up thru the bottom, I thought maybe something was lodged in the drain line. It seemed to help a little but it is still very slow. I think they must just have a small drain valve.

Comment

Same here, it takes forever to drain the fresh water tank. We don't put much water in the fresh tank, just enough to use the John when traveling. We use bottle water for dranking and cooking etc. GBY.....
          Delaine and Lindy

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's (TRADED)
          2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 (Vanity Slide) #5057 (SOLD)

Trailer Saver Air ride TS 3 (Sold)

Pressure Pro System (SOLD)

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

Mine is very slow too..
            I run the pump to drain it FAST........
            Huck & Dodie
            Bouse, AZ/Franklin, PA
            2005 RE3 MS #2163
            2006 F-350 4X4 CC
            sigpic

Comment

Next time my tank is empty I'm going to install a different valve and may locate it in a better user friendly place.
              Bob
              sigpic
              Bob & Judy Schmader
              2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
              2001 F550 Starhauler
              www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
              IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

I have never seen the fresh water tank on my Suite.

I don't even know where it is at.

All the lines and wires to it go back behind the gray tank somewhere.

I assume that I have to remove part of the under belly to be able to get to it.

I have access to the black and gay tanks.
                Huck & Dodie
                Bouse, AZ/Franklin, PA
                2005 RE3 MS #2163
                2006 F-350 4X4 CC
                sigpic

Comment

There is a hose for it

There is a hose close to your water drain hoses that stick out the bottom.
                  Originally posted by Huck View Post

Brett and Misty Sanderson
                  2007 36RS3 Elite Suites
                  2008 F-450 King Ranch
                  http://YOUTUBE.COM/USER/BRETTJSAND
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettandmisty/map

Comment

Drain hose

Notice there are 3 hoses coming out the bottom of the trailer. One of them is the fresh water drain.
                    Brett and Misty Sanderson
                    2007 36RS3 Elite Suites
                    2008 F-450 King Ranch
                    http://YOUTUBE.COM/USER/BRETTJSAND
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettandmisty/map

Comment

Originally posted by Huck View Post

I bought a Seelevel system and installed it on my tanks. It took several searches and eventually I started cutting the belly cover. I finally found the tank. The end with the drain and sensors is basically above the sewer drain pipe and has a piece of plywood and some angle iron holding it up in place. Cut my hands up pretty good getting the plywood loose enough to get to the tank. Now Im trying to decide how to seal the underbelly where I made the cuts.
                      Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
                      2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
                      S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
                      Retired & Full timing

Comment

underbelly

I would never cut my underbelly because the dealer cut it to fix the slide out and it's never been the same, I am going to have to pull it all down and put some support behind it to screw up where they cut it, I have tried all kinds of glue and tapes and nothing works.

Comment

Tom,

If you ended up cutting the belly material where there is no frame beam (can use self starting S/M screws at frame points) then in the open areas I just use a piece of alluminum (or sheet metal like duct material) and put a 4" strip longer than the split behind the belly material and screw to it as a splice. Works good. Then I seal up the cut with silicone.

Bill
                          Bill and Joan
                          4 Collie pups
                          01 Volvo 770
                          05 38RL3 #2046
                          05 Smart Passion loaded piggyback

Comment

While at the Drv Factory I seen up close and personal how the drain is located and now know why it takes so long to drain the fresh water tank. The lines and valve are very small. We only use the fresh tank for water just to flush the John while on the road. We buy bottle water to drink and cook. On my 2009 36 TK 3 the fresh tank is just behind the sliding panel on the off door side and its white in color. GBY...
                            Delaine and Lindy

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's (TRADED)
                            2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 (Vanity Slide) #5057 (SOLD)

Trailer Saver Air ride TS 3 (Sold)

Pressure Pro System (SOLD)

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

When you open up you fresh water drain do you open up some inside faucets to let air into the tank as it is draining.

I also cut my underbell to access the slide out motor. I found a old mudflap off of a 18 wheeler and cut it to over lap the opening about 1 inch bigger. I also cut some 1/2 inch thick strips from a treated 2'' x 4'' and secured them inside by screwing from the bottom. this held the wood in place then I screwed the mud flap in place secured to the wood. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                              X