No announcement yet.

New Level-Up Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Rick and Janice brought up the "extended jacks" topic, I'll add that we still keep some 2" X 12" blocks to put under the feet of the jacks. We do that so that we won't be in a position to fully or almost fully extend. My belief is that the less you have extended, the more stable each cylinder will be because the cylinder exterior part adds strength to the cylinder rod itself.

I can remember when on the farm that cylinders tended to have more movement in them if the cylinder was fully extended. That is one of the reasons I was never real crazy about "roading" implements from field to field.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

OK here is something to think about. Joe, you are getting a Select Suites that has a different frame than Mobile Suites. Also I have noticed on our '10 MS 36TKSB4 that if we are traveling and I only extend the jacks down just enough to level the coach, leaving a fair amount of weight on the tires, then the coach will shake. But if I raise the coach higher, taking more weight off of the tires, then it is more stable. You will have to play with it and figure out what works for you. Good luck and keep us posted.
      Pat
      [SIGPIC]
      Pat & Sandy Laurendine
      Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
      2014.5 44' Memphis Elite Suites
      2012 F450 Lariate w/ Factory
      Reese 18K Hitch
      Line-X Color Match Spray In Bed Liner

Comment

I also carry the plastic blocks, for the times your site is so unlevel. For example in 2009 we were on a site with the jacks on one side when fully extended wasn't level, had to lay down 8 blocks under each jack, then place blocks under the tires and repeat with more locks under the jacks until leve. Its good advice to carry the plastic blocks. The jacks are wonderful...
        Delaine and Lindy

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's (TRADED)
        2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 (Vanity Slide) #5057 (SOLD)

Trailer Saver Air ride TS 3 (Sold)

Pressure Pro System (SOLD)

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat L. View Post
          OK here is something to think about. Joe, you are getting a Select Suites that has a different frame than Mobile Suites. Also I have noticed on our '10 MS 36TKSB4 that if we are traveling and I only extend the jacks down just enough to level the coach, leaving a fair amount of weight on the tires, then the coach will shake. But if I raise the coach higher, taking more weight off of the tires, then it is more stable. You will have to play with it and figure out what works for you. Good luck and keep us posted.
          Pat
          Pat,

thanks for the tips. I just have a question. If I tell the Level Up to level my coach after getting it off the truck, how do I then tell it to raise the trailer up a bit more? Is this in the instructions?

Joe
          2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 Flame Red Dually 3.73 Aisin transmission
          2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3 #6011

Comment

Joe,
            There is a manual override on the system as I understand it. You should be able to make it do what ever you want it to do. It is a learning curve. I still fight my remote on a regular basics. It works when it wants to and not when I want. Changed batteries and still it has a mind of it's own. I do not know where the receiver is for the remote is located but I need to make a call.
            Enjoy the new toy's. They are great fun to learn and a real pleasure on the back and knees.
            Pat
            [SIGPIC]
            Pat & Sandy Laurendine
            Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
            2014.5 44' Memphis Elite Suites
            2012 F450 Lariate w/ Factory
            Reese 18K Hitch
            Line-X Color Match Spray In Bed Liner

Comment

Originally posted by Pat L. View Post
              Joe,
              There is a manual override on the system as I understand it. You should be able to make it do what ever you want it to do. It is a learning curve. I still fight my remote on a regular basics. It works when it wants to and not when I want. Changed batteries and still it has a mind of it's own. I do not know where the receiver is for the remote is located but I need to make a call.
              Enjoy the new toy's. They are great fun to learn and a real pleasure on the back and knees.
              Pat
              Pat is correct about the manual override after levelling the coach. You can raise it side to side or front to back. Since the frame is sturdier along its length than across its breadth, I would recommend extending the front and then the rear or visa versa. When you extend the rear, all four rear will extend together. You can watch the level light in on the control panel to tell when you are back to level. The really nice feature about the current level up is that when doing this type of thing, it keeps the pressure on all of the jacks the same so the firm will not bend or twist.

We also have had the same issue as Delain and Lindy where we have had to use blocks because one or more of the jacks would not extend enough to level the rig. I must add that this is an exception more than the rule. The worst we have had so far is a site where we had to use blocks under one jack due to a dip in that area but ended up with the wheels about 6" off the ground on one side and still on the ground on the other and I could walk under the overhang in front without bending over and I'm 6'! So do not get rid of your blocks or get some of the Lynx Levelers (they stack neatly and take less space).
              Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
              2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Originally posted by RickandJaniceBinns View Post
                Pat is correct about the manual override after levelling the coach. You can raise it side to side or front to back. Since the frame is sturdier along its length than across its breadth, I would recommend extending the front and then the rear or visa versa. When you extend the rear, all four rear will extend together. You can watch the level light in on the control panel to tell when you are back to level. The really nice feature about the current level up is that when doing this type of thing, it keeps the pressure on all of the jacks the same so the firm will not bend or twist.

We also have had the same issue as Delain and Lindy where we have had to use blocks because one or more of the jacks would not extend enough to level the rig. I must add that this is an exception more than the rule. The worst we have had so far is a site where we had to use blocks under one jack due to a dip in that area but ended up with the wheels about 6" off the ground on one side and still on the ground on the other and I could walk under the overhang in front without bending over and I'm 6'! So do not get rid of your blocks or get some of the Lynx Levelers (they stack neatly and take less space).
                I have both blocks and wood pieces for my current rig. I will just keep them around for a while after we get the new rig in October to see which I want to continue have available.

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe, I recomend the Lynx Levelers and they work great, just a suggestion...
                  Delaine and Lindy

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy View Post
                    Hi Joe, I recomend the Lynx Levelers and they work great, just a suggestion...
                    Delaine and Lindy,

I have two boxes of the Lynx levelers now. They work pretty good on most surfaces, however, on golf ball size rocks like we were park on two winters ago, they were not so good. The bottoms had the rocks/gravel imbedded, and some were even starting to crack / break. That's why I keep both blocks (lynx levelers) and wood pieces available.

Joe

Comment

I know for sure about the rocks on plastic, but due to hauling wood and the Lynx blocks being very light and easy to store I prefer the Lynx. I guess I have a half dozen that are destroyed. But the cost isn't that bad and you can still use the damaged ones. I don't very often have to use the Lynx only twice in the last three years since going with the Level Up system.. Most rock damage was done when rolling over the Lynx with the other 5ers we owned.... Happy Trails...
                      Delaine and Lindy

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy View Post
                        I know for sure about the rocks on plastic, but due to hauling wood and the Lynx blocks being very light and easy to store I prefer the Lynx. I guess I have a half dozen that are destroyed. But the cost isn't that bad and you can still use the damaged ones. I don't very often have to use the Lynx only twice in the last three years since going with the Level Up system.. Most rock damage was done when rolling over the Lynx with the other 5ers we owned.... Happy Trails...
                        You know, now that you mention it, the Lynx Levelers that were damaged that winter were due to me rolling over them to get level. We didn't have the BigFoot levelers installed on our rig at that time.

Joe

Comment

Lynx claims they will replace any damaged levelers, I have damaged several over the years but never sent one back. The cheaper yellow ones fall apart in the cold.

Jim
                          2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS with Vanity Slide # 5683, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually.
                          Our Adventures

Comment

I think when I get back to home base I will call Lynx and see what they say. I have a bag or two that needs repacing. But with the Level Up I very seldom have to use the Lynx. I have also heard that the damaged blocks will be replaced... But then shipping cost???? Happy Trails...
                            Delaine and Lindy

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

Tom,
                              I 100% agree with you. We just spent 8 days between DRV and Lippert and they say nothing is wrong with "the system". Where did you get the steady fast bars and did you install them yourself?
                              Dave and Doris Arnold
                              2010 Mobile Suites 38RSSB3 #5103
                              2008 Ford F450

Comment

I got them here http://www.steadyfast.com/index.html When you order them tell him you have a Mobile Suite and need the longer bars. When I put mine on the front bar didnt reach all the way across the frame so I had to cut the bottom of the front cap in about the middle to attach it to the frame. I emailed him about that and he sent me 2 longer bars. Actually I like how I mounted the front one better than going all the way across. I installed them myself and it went pretty easy. I picked these over the JT stabilizers because there are only 3 bars to mount and it looked like the tighteners would be easier to reach. The only problem I have had is that the rear stabilizer screw gets grit fom the rear tire and I have to clean the threads every so often.
                                I have to add that I really like the level-up for leveling though and can probably never do without it if we buy anothe RV.
                                Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
                                2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
                                S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
                                Retired & Full timing

Comment

Working...
                                X