Disappointed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed.

I have a 2006 Doubletree Elite Suites 36TK3 and have bought parts many times over the years from their parts department. Recently I contacted them for a new style ceiling light for above our island and also new awning material. I was shown a picture of a light and was referred to a seller and also was referred to Dometic for the awning material. They brushed me aside. Easy way out. I did not want to buy from someone else or I would have contacted someone else. Back years ago before Thor bought out DRV the parts department bent over backwards to take care of me, now they say, go somewhere else.
    Sorry for the rant but I had to voice my concerns.
    sigpic
    Bob & Judy Schmader
    2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
    2001 F550 Starhauler
    www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
    IN GOD WE TRUST

DRV is not in the parts business. They are a manufacture. You can always buy the parts somewhere else for a LOT less. And usually get free shipping. Brakes, axles, hubs bearings you can buy for more than 50% less from an auto parts store. Same with most other things. They person you talked to was doing you a favor.

Bill

Comment

DRV can not keep up with demand as it is.

Comment

Although DRV had always been good in tbe past about ordering and selling parts to owners who are out of warranty, I always wondered when that would need to come to a stop. When one considers DRV does not normally keep a running inventory on most parts due to their JIT philosophy and that their main focus is manufacturing and warranty repair, it always surprised me that they offered the courtesy of selling parts as "aftermarket". Although it may be dissapointing to some that they no longer offer this courtesy, I think this can be expected of most manufacturers on supply parts that not manufacturer specific. I do think is nice that they still take the time to direct owners to the supplier of their parts, some manufacturers would not even do that.
        Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
        2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Working...
        X