Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billr
    replied
    Unlike the US where you can buy a no contract WIFI cell based stick or MIFI there is nothing like that in Canada without a contract or buying a Canadian phone and then getting a no contract plan with data.

Most folks that come through our camp from the US are having to rely on WIFI. We do have free WIFI in the campground and so do most of the private campgrounds. None at public camps.

Come visit us if your are in the area.

Cheers,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Arctic Owl
    replied
    I don't know where you will be in Canada on your travels but ALL MacDonalds & many Tim Horton Coffee Shops have free WiFI. Also Starbucks & William's Coffee
    Shops. You will find a MacDonald's or Tim Hortons everywhere.

Reg

Leave a comment:

• Loopie
    replied
    When we travel to the US we are charged $10 /MB for data. Most campgrounds have free wifi but some charge for it. Some cities have a free wifi zone. Larger truckstops will have wifi.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• MTN.DAVE of NC
    started a topic Canada internet cards

Canada internet cards

I'm leaving next week for a 6 week trip into Canada. My Verizon cell phones have been changed to the Nationwide Plus Canada Plan for voice calling. The Verizon internet air card plan is super expensive for Canada ($25 for 100 MB) Yes that was MB! So, what do people use for access? How many places have free WIFI or is it better to find a prepaid air card there? I'd like to stay in touch so what can I do? Thanks for your good ideas.
    Dave
Working...
X