Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millenicom Raising rates on May1 to $89.99...other options please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenicom Raising rates on May1 to $89.99...other options please!!!

Wowsie. So just a bit ago they went from an unlimited plan to a 20GB plan but kept the price at $69.99. Now I received a notice that they are raising the rate to $89.99 for the 20GB plan. The alledged good news is you can get another 20GB for another $89.99. Full text of the message follows.

"Due to increased data costs from the upstream carrier all Millenicom broadband accounts (Hotspot, Advanced and Standard Plans) will allow for 20GB of data transfer for $89.99 monthly beginning May 1, 2014.

In the event you require higher usage, Millenicom can add data in 20GB increments for $89.99. This means you no longer need to purchase an additional device, activation and shipping, to acquire more than 20GB of data.

Please note you can track usage online by checking the usage field at the bottom of your plan link from the products tab in the Members Center.

Millenicom"

Any other great options for accessing the Verizon 4G network??
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Michael and Katherine,

Depending on your usage, maybe not. This was also discussed over on RV Dreams with a few saying that Millenicom still being the best deal. We use a Verizon Jetpack MiFi unit without Millenicom, but I'm pretty sure we pay a bit more for less data. However, our plan is set so that we have the MiFi and three phones on a family plan through Verizon.

Terry
    Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
    2008 Ford F450
    2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

I priced out the cost/1GB for multiple services and looked at what I typically used. I could not find another service as cost effective. But again depends if you use closer to the 20Gb per month vs 1 or 2 GB per month.
      Marshall & Nancy

2013 Elite Suites 38RESB3
      2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax
      Solar 880 Watts, 24V

Comment

When I am working on the road, I am over 10 GB. Appreciate your insight. I will be calling with another question too.

Regards
        Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
        Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
        2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Michael, I also do not trust the coverage of some of these other services. I use both Verizon and AT&T and have seen both of these weak or non useful a couple of times.
          Marshall & Nancy

2013 Elite Suites 38RESB3
          2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax
          Solar 880 Watts, 24V

Comment

Working...
          X