Leave a comment:

• Glenn West
    replied
    and ours is still working without sighing up. 11/1114

Leave a comment:

• moeandflo
    replied
    The REAL deal from Verizon

OK...I just signed up and this is the real information on plans, prices, and process.
    • Verizon already has basic information on you including your modem information. Dispite rumors, you do NOT need any new hardware, or data cards or anything else. Nothing.
    • The plans:
    • $99.99 per month for 20 GB is a special for those of us who are already Millenicom folks and is good thru 11/8
    • $150 for 30 GB or $170 for 40 GB special is good through 10/31
    • All plan rates are exclusive of taxes, fees, etc
  • You call 800-233-8974 and they know why you are calling.
  • They did the set up and then I was transferred to autopay to set up my payment via credit card

So, the whole process took about 15 minutes and was painless as long as I don't think about moving from $69, to $89, to $99 all in the past few months. "They say" that this special $99 for 20 GB is good "for as long as you own the device." She also advised that these rates are specials for us and that the overage rates of $8 per GB are also special for us.

Ok, that is my real story from my real experience.

Data...can't leave home without it.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Da Wds
    replied
    AT&T 2 phones, 30 gig $145.02 a month and I thought I was paying too much. Use the phones as hotspots.

Leave a comment:

• The Junkman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dranoel View Post
    I had two Verizon phones and the Millenicom JetPak. I increased my data plan with Verizon to 30gig and changed the JetPak sim card to Verizon. You can change the data plan at anytime. Phones - $140, JetPak $20, 30 gig data $70 = $230/mo.
    I'm on the same deal $210.. Have not flipped my Millenicom Jetpack over to verizon for the $20.. I may not. Using it til it dies.. It's seems they throttle it at night though.. from about 9pm to 5am..service is slow as dirt.. Then it pops back..

Leave a comment:

• Dranoel
    replied
    I had two Verizon phones and the Millenicom JetPak. I increased my data plan with Verizon to 30gig and changed the JetPak sim card to Verizon. You can change the data plan at anytime. Phones - $140, JetPak $20, 30 gig data $70 = $230/mo.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Da Wds
    replied
    Last spring I got an email from ATT offering to up my data from 6gig to 15gig so I went for it and my bill went down $10 and I cancelled my Verizon hotspot that I was paying $50 for 5 gig. Couple weeks ago I was telling Electric Guy about it and went online to see if it was still being offered and upped it to 30 gig at the same price.

Originally posted by hitchup View Post
    It was an unexpected event. Facebook groups and Escapees has more information.

I had already canceled our Millenicom account at the end of Sept. They throttled ours down to 1G the last 6 days of the month and I couldn't get online to pay bills except through my iPhone. Only option Millenicom had was pay for another 20G for the remaining 5 days.

While checking other options and the ATT wireless bill, I noticed that ATT was offering the double Gig program before Verizon came out with it. For us it was only $30 more to change from 10G to 30G. Dropping Millenicom, we saved $50-60 and kept the same amount of data.

It means more lost jobs in Portland, OR.

Ironically, ATT is being sued by the FTC for throttling unlimited customers down after they reach a certain limit. Wonder if they threatened to go after Millenicom and will hit Verizon, too.

Leave a comment:

• rynosback
    replied
    Well this SUCKS as I was planning on going this route.

Leave a comment:

• moeandflo
    replied
    VZW service via Millenicom ending on November 8

The official message came out from Verizon as a text to your Millenicom device. Or so I am told via the other forum. I don't keep my device with me; it is on the RV. So, this is the message:
    “Free VZW msg: We want to discuss plan options for keeping your Verizon Wireless Service. Please call us at 800-233-8974 to avoid service disruptions on 11/8/14.”

Leave a comment:

• Glenn West
    replied
    perhaps I should have worded different. Merely stating buyouts happen all the time. This wasn't buy out or it was take over or Milenicom quit. Regardless this stuff happens a lot and nothing of this sort surprises me today. Bell once owned every phone service until government broke them up. Version done the same to companies in NC where I came from. Version owned the towers and took over and the other companies went away. Many lost jobs locally too. Bottom line is this costs us more now and there is nothing we can do about it. All the gripping and conspiracy doesn't help.

Leave a comment:

• The Junkman
    replied
    Originally posted by hitchup View Post

I had already canceled our Millenicom account at the end of Sept. They throttled ours down to 1G the last 6 days of the month and I couldn't get online to pay bills except through my iPhone. Only option Millenicom had was pay for another 20G for the remaining 5 days.

While checking other options and the ATT wireless bill, I noticed that ATT was offering the double Gig program before Verizon came out with it. For us it was only $30 more to change from 10G to 30G. Dropping Millenicom, we saved $50-60 and kept the same amount of data.

Ironically, ATT is being sued by the FTC for throttling unlimited customers down after they reach a certain limit. Wonder if they threatened to go after Millenicom and will hit Verizon, too.
    I think they may..

Glen.. Verizon did not buy ANYTHING from Millenicom or it's customers. They took. It appears to me , Verizon cancelled Millenicom contract for what ever reason..hmmmm, and is offering a deal to those customers to flip over to Verizon..However, It does not seem like much of a deal to me..lol And for Verizon it's a win-win.

Leave a comment:

• millerjnt
    replied
    Does Verizon even have unlimited data plans? Our experience is that there isn't unless it is plans that were grandfathered in once the phone companies stopped offering unlimited data. It gets confusing for some when they all keep advertising plans with unlimited "talk and text." Texting is a lot different than what a regular data plan would be with regards to usage.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• hitchup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Glenn West
    replied
    don't understand why you think something is wrong. Phone companies are always buying out others. It is common.

Leave a comment:

• The Junkman
    replied
    I saved alot of money dumping Millenicom. I was never happy with the throttling the couple months I had them.. actually, I still using them now..

If you have your phones with Verizon, you get 1.5x the data forless money.. and the services are better.

I was at 140 for the phones.. added 30 gb of data for $70 more.. what a deal!

If you don't have phones with them, they are extending the millenicom "deal" of $90 for 20gb , for 1 year.. who knows after that.

That whole Verizon/Millenicom deal seems funny to me.. I'm curious of the fallout on this one..

Leave a comment:

• Working...
    X