No announcement yet.

WiFiRanger Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we have it. Seems to works pretty well as long as the park wifi is decent.
    John & Joyce (with Zoie our 20# companion)
    2018 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    2019 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4.
    Full-time since 2008.

Comment

My WiFiRanget failed on the way to DRV for some other warranty work. It was working, we went out to a store, got home and it was no longer broadcasting its SSID.

When we got to DRV I told the tech. He told me that the antenna has very little flex and they have a tendency to break allowing water to get into the unit. In my case it had broken (no idea why) and the unit got water in it causing the router to fail. He replaced it and after a few minutes setting the settings again all is good. We’ll see how long it lasts.
      Full-time since 2008.

Comment

1.5 years after mine was replaced and it works fine. To me the biggest benefit is the routing function and the security. I’ve always told people that if you MUST have WiFi then your best bet is to bring it with you. I have a Verizon 8800 JetPack with 30gb. I rarely use the WiFi ranger but it does work fine.
        Full-time since 2008.

Comment

We have the WiFi Ranger and have for 5 years, we full time and use it lots. Works great, we have found it specifically great when boon docking , which we do a lot, snagging a WiFi and bringing it in. We didn’t get ours from DRV it was cheaper to purchase it directly and install it myself.
          2004 Volvo VLN630
          2007 36 RS3 Mobile Suite
          2007 Suzuki SX4 behind the 5er
          Blog: http://roamingreimers.wordpress.com
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WRWGN View Post
            1.5 years after mine was replaced and it works fine. To me the biggest benefit is the routing function and the security. I’ve always told people that if you MUST have WiFi then your best bet is to bring it with you. I have a Verizon 8800 JetPack with 30gb. I rarely use the WiFi ranger but it does work fine.
            update. Summer of 2020 it stopped working again. I called the manufacturer and I would have to take my rig to a dealer, have them confirm it doesn’t work. They would then send a replacement to the dealer. PIA when you’re fulltime and have to make multiple trips to a dealer. I don’t use it much so I turned it off and forgot about it.
            I was thankful that I worked in IT, I couldn’t imagine someone with no WiFi setup experience muddling thru the user interface to modify simple things like changing the default password.
            Full-time since 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X