Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Boost RV Park WiFi Signal

Hi,
    Any suggestions for the best way to boost the signal of RV Park WiFi signals?
    1. Are WiFi booster antennas helpful? If so what brand / model?
    2. Do booster antennas have to be mounted outside the rig, if so how do you route the cables indoors?
    3. Can we buy a wireless router that will connect to the booster antenna, enabling us to use more than 1 device at a time?

Thanks!!
    David + Lisa Peck
    2010 Elite Suites 38RSSB3
    Ford F-350 DRW

Any suggestions for the best way to boost the signal of RV Park WiFi signals?
    1. Are WiFi booster antennas helpful? If so what brand / model?
    Yes I use a JefaTech unit
    2. Do booster antennas have to be mounted outside the rig, if so how do you route the cables indoors?
    No but mine is, mounted it on the ladder, drilled a hole in the camper to run the wire. I have the Atlanta so the router is in my office that was the rear bedroom.
    3. Can we buy a wireless router that will connect to the booster antenna, enabling us to use more than 1 device at a time?
    That is what this is.
    I am real pleased in how this works. I pick up networks a half mile away full strength.

Roger

3. That is what this is.
    I am real pleased in how this works. I pick up networks a half mile away full strength.

Roger

Comment

I concur with Roger and purchased my booster system from Jefa Tech. It works great for what it is designed to do. We had ours installed during the build so all cables are interior. Also had the wifi booster antenna mounted to the TV antenna so it also goes up/down.

Please note, that a strong signal does not equate to a good signal. You need bandwidth and, in our slight experience, the parks skimp on this component. So even if you boost the strength you may still just be chugging along. Fine for casual use but if you are working from the road like I am, not so grand.

Best regards:
      Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
      Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
      2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

I have the WiFi Ranger that came with the coach and it works pretty well. The big problem is Sandy and I are not smart on making it do what we need. We fiddle around and finally punch the right button. Hopefully when we are at the factory for warranty someone will be able to teach us how it all works.
        Pat
        [SIGPIC]
        Pat & Sandy Laurendine
        Zoey (Rescue Cocker)
        2014.5 44' Memphis Elite Suites
        2012 F450 Lariate w/ Factory
        Reese 18K Hitch
        Line-X Color Match Spray In Bed Liner

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughts!!
          David + Lisa Peck
          2010 Elite Suites 38RSSB3