Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!! New owners manual website !!!!! NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike and Myong
    replied
    John,

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to complete this. As a prospective new owner, I scan through alot of the forum material for stuff that will help me in the future. Again, many thanks!!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle Jack
    replied
    OK, I've exhausted my library of material. Now it's up to all the other owners to contribute and help. I especially need axles, brakes, IS suspension, older electrical jacks, water plumbing diagrams, wiring of trailer diagrams, etc. if you have it. Send me your stuff.

Leave a comment:

• hitchup
    replied
    Be sure to add a link from SOITC website. This will help new owners who don't participate in the forums.

Leave a comment:

• mnwool
    replied
    As a new suites owner, don't confuse me with mods interlaced with factory stuff. Yes I also want a reference list of mods also.

Can you also add maintained items plus when(schedule) and how to.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle Jack
    replied
    I've added several more PDF files to the site. Stuff like Whirlpool dryer, Winegard antenna, Sony receiver, Carlisle HBA-CAM wiring diagram and others. Please check the site out and make contributions of information you may have. If it's hard copy let me know and I will scan it. The site is located at drv-owners-manual.com.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle Jack
    replied
    Terry -

I would think that there should be areas on the site for 'add ons', 'mods' and 'links' . The main problem I see is that new users should see these as distinct from what is a part of DRV's offerings and I think I can do that by creating a separate tab for those items and describing them as such. I plan on putting some of my 'add-ons' and 'mods' on here as well. Thanks for offering your library, I knew you had an extensive one with a lot more info than I've accumulated. I hope others will offer their information too. Maybe a plea to those you know who have information would help, what do you think?

Leave a comment:

• millerjnt
    replied
    John,

I'll have to do some "organizing" on my end. However, for a start, I've got a number of pdf files for previous years of DRV products. In addition, I've got pictures that folks have sent me and that I've accumulated from websites, including DRV's site, of construction photos. There are other things that I have as well, so I'll have to do that organizing.

Are you considering other things like our "comments" on modifications to our rigs. If you've paid any attention to my doings, you know we have replaced our original Dometic fridge with a Samsung residential one. Would you be interested in personal blog links to such things as that. For instance, in one of my postings here on DRV, I submitted a post on our process, including the modifications made by other DRV owners. In that posting, I provided a number of links to my blog to all those modifications.

As I get things organized, I'll try to get you a list so you can let me know what you might like to have. Of course, a number of those things are already posted here on SOITC's forum.

EDIT: As a side thought, even though it might not be "directly" related to DRV products, would there be any interest in information for related products? For instance, I've also got a bunch of pdf files for Ford Super Duty truck manuals. Such a thing "might" be of interest to someone that may be considering the purchase of a used truck with which to tow their DRV coach.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle Jack
    replied
    Rick -

I've always wanted this kind of site and am happy to do it. I just worked on it some more and added the level - up control , PMS control and the Dometic thermostat. Hopefully everyone will send me their manuals and we can get a good site for all of us to use. And thanks for the encouragement, it's appreciated!

John

Leave a comment:

• RickandJaniceBinns
    replied
    John,

Than you so much for starting this site. Can't wait to see all the information start to build. There is allot that each of us know individually but to have one site to compile all of it into will be really nice. Thanks again for taking the first big step and thank you in advance for maintaining it.

Leave a comment:

• !!!!! New owners manual website !!!!! NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE !!!

I couldn't find any way to do what I wanted to do on Wikipedia or any other editable site. So I created a site. It's located at: http://drv-owners-manual.com . I have only loaded it with the Remote Key FOB PDF so far. I have several other manuals that I will be putting on there. Please look at the site and send me comments on suggested content and functionality to my e-mail listed below.

What I need you to do is send me ANY information you have about your Mobile Suites. I will take word docs, text docs, PDF's, pictures - what ever you can send. If you can scan manuals you have then send those, if not you can send me the manual and I will scan it to place on the site for all to use. My e-mail is [email protected] or you can send me the item at J. McClun, 110 E. Center St. PMB 1299, Madison, SD 57042.

We can have a nice manual if we all work on this. Come on, help out.

John
Working...
X