Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbbdc
    replied
    I've been looking through it recently. I think its greatest asset is finding fellow travelers. Its format isn't set up like a forum so it will not replace sources like this forum, rv.net, etc. It's just a different tool.

I don't like that every time someone joins a group, adds a pic, etc it gets posted on the first page. There's so much activity right now that things quickly get buried and it takes a lot of searching to see even the most recent activity. With the site approaching 3,000 members, I think that main page is going to be useless unless you only want to see what occurred in the last few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• RETE8
    replied
    Well, we just joined the DRV group. Looks like it could be great idea. Looking forward to what it can do.

Leave a comment:

• jhoynacki
    replied
    The RVillage.com website seems to be working as expected. The DRV Owners group has grown to 25. Great to see the map with location Icons for Members. I look forward to meeting other DRV owners as we travel the US.

Leave a comment:

• jbbdc
    replied
    The website is up now. Was able to sign in. A lot of separate groups one can join. The DRV group has 8 members.

Leave a comment:

• hitchup
    replied
    I checked out RV Village website and wasn't impressed about their mission of tracking and meeting other Nomads on the Road. So don't think this would work well for us. Have never felt the desire to join Escapees for the same reason.

Leave a comment:

• jbbdc
    replied
    I like the concept. Watched their video. Could be a good social tool for full timers, etc. I'll try to sign up again later.

Leave a comment:

• jhoynacki
    replied
    The website was working good until late last nite or this morning. The folks at technomadia who have built a few apps and fulltime rv are behind this venture. They had a Facebook post this morning telling folks they had a system crash or problem around 9am. Hopefully they will get the bugs and growing pains worked out as it seems to really fill a niche for the social side of RVing.

Leave a comment:

• Motorcycle Jack
    replied
    Lots of the pages don't seem to work on different browsers (thought most web designer knew this years ago but guess not). Doesn't look like it's worth the time to join right now, maybe after their initial growing pains.

Leave a comment:

• jbbdc
    replied
    Tried to sign up but there may be a problem with the website. There is no image to verify I'm a human. Can't get past the sign up page.

Leave a comment:

• jhoynacki
    started a topic New website for RV folks.

New website for RV folks.

A new website for RV folks was launched last week and there are already 2200 members after 1 week. The site is called RVillage.com. Check it out when you get a chance as it has many cool features and benefits. Once you join, check out the groups as there is something there for everyone. A few groups of interest - DRV Owners, Fun Seekers, Living the RV Dream, etc.....
Working...
X