Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone bought from RV's For Less without visiting before ordering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice from you guys who have dealt with RVs For Less. I have found it difficult to communicate with Ken Rife - for whatever reason he obviously does not like me He is always late returning my emails and is VERY DIFFICULT to reach by phone. I am in the early stages of planning and can't imagine what I will have to go through if the situation will be similar when I get close to actually putting an order (sometime in June). Is it only me or do you guys have someone else to suggest to talk to? Or is it only Ken there and he is overworked and is simply missing my emails/calls because of that? Please help me out. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Ken is admittedly quite busy - they turn a LOT of units through that lot (that's what happens when you're the #1 volume DRV and Heartland Landmark location). It would take him awhile to get back to us as well, but he eventually did. If you want an alternate contact who may be able to help, try Karen (Butch's wife), but she handles closings and can get pretty busy as well. Once I committed to purchase a specific unit, I moved up higher on the priority list and the communications were significantly easier after that.

Rusty
      Rusty & Sandy Creekmore
      2 Shelties - Coby & Callie + Conner the Campground Cat

Prior - 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291; Current - 2014.5 MS 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, B&W RVK3600 hitch

Comment

If you are determined to buy a DRV, I would find a dealer who doesn't sell quite as many and has something to prove, I think you're service and attention might be more defined. If you are looking for service after the sale, I would keep that in mind.
        If that is not an issue, and you can get to the factory often, I would suggest going for the best price and still shop around. We have talked to other Drv owners who surprisingly got their rigs competitively priced at other dealers besides the top 2 on this forum.
        Worth checking and doing some homework! You might also consider a stock unit, so that you can see what you are buying before you buy it. JMO.

Good Luck!
        sigpic
        Gary and Karen
        2013 F450 DRW Reese 25k
        2014.5 Elite Suites 38TKSB3 Western Gem #7063
        Scottish Terrier (Scotty) Owner and CEO

Comment

I repeat.

"If you know EXACTLY what you want over the phone is probably fine. We drove from WA State to Oklahoma to Rolling Retreats and spent two days and one evening with Alicia going over options and different ideas to come up with the perfect RV for us. Well worth the trip"

Since we placed our order Alicia has been very prompt in returning all emails. There were a couple things we forgot and she dealt with them no problem. She is a great advocate for the customer as sometimes it's not always easy to get DRV to do "specials".

When we went there to order we thought we knew everything we wanted on our new RV. But sitting down with Alicia and discussing options made us re think some things and add others we are happy we will have.

I know a lot of people are happy with RV's For less. This was my experience. I made a list of the items I was interested in and referenced the 39TKSB3 Elite Suites RV4L had and still has on their web site for comparison. I sent the list to RV4L and Rolling Retreats. This was 12/21/14 Alicia returned my email at 10:50 pm that evening, I still have not received a reply from RV4L I used their form on their web site. To top it off and make me decide to only deal with Alicia was the fact I also called and talked to a Man I can't remember his name and asked for a few more exterior pics to be emailed to me. He said no problem he would do it in a couple days when it quit raining. I gave him my email but never received and pics or any communication at all.

So there you have it. My experience between the two. I even said in my email to both that I would be dealing with both of them since they both had great reputations on the MS Forum.
          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Were you able to negotiate a good price or did you have to accept her initial price? Karen gave me a price over the telephone and internet as I am up in Canada and 12 hours away from her dealership and said that her price was as low as she can go so I interpret that as she is not willing to accept a counter offer. I don't think its fair to Karen for me to reveal her price to another dealer to see if he can beat it so typically I refrain from this practice. I know RVS for Less is the no 1 dealership for DRV so it is difficult for me to know if I can negotiate with her
            Any help or advice would be very much appreciated
            Thank you
            Bob

Comment

I am in the process of buying a unit from their lot. I've been researching and talking to them since January. Ken and Butch took several hours with me at the Sevierville, Tn show and they were super informative. From my opinion, they are truly good people that are not out to take advantage of anyone. I beleive they start with their lowest price, so as not to do all the bickering back and forth. I appreciate that. They are extremely low on my trade in which is a 2004 montana ( sight unseen) and its in excellent shape. Karen is very helpful in the paperwork end, and has went above and beyond for me. You won't be disappointed in their level of commitment to making a good relationship with their customers.
              Laurie, Gary
              Pebbles and Pixie (Japanese Chin)
              2015 3500 Ram Longhorn 4x4
              2015 Drv MS 39DBRS3 #7704- pick up 4-24-15

Comment

Joe
                What happened
                Bob

Comment

We got 4 quotes upfront and a dealer closer to us was $1000 less than rvsforless. We never counteroffered since I am working so we chose the close dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by HOWITTRO View Post
                    Were you able to negotiate a good price or did you have to accept her initial price? Karen gave me a price over the telephone and internet as I am up in Canada and 12 hours away from her dealership and said that her price was as low as she can go so I interpret that as she is not willing to accept a counter offer. I don't think its fair to Karen for me to reveal her price to another dealer to see if he can beat it so typically I refrain from this practice. I know RVS for Less is the no 1 dealership for DRV so it is difficult for me to know if I can negotiate with her
                    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated
                    Thank you
                    Bob
                    Bob. I had the same experience with Karen. She encouraged me to check with other dealers and I did. However, I knew I wanted to work with Butch and Karen so even if I had been able to find a better deal, I would have stayed with RV4L.

Knowing what I know now, I'd just go with whoever gave me the best price. One the PDI is finished, dealer interactions are miniimal especially if dealer is not close by. All of my warranty work was through DRV with a mobile tech.

Regards.
                    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
                    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
                    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Originally posted by HOWITTRO View Post
                      Joe
                      What happened
                      Bob
                      I will explain via a PM if you desire.

Joe
                      2014 Dodge 3500 Laramie 4x4 Flame Red Dually 3.73 Aisin transmission
                      2012 DRV Select Suites 38TKSB3 #6011

Comment

Thank for valuable feedback
                        bob

Comment

I tried to deal with rv4less but they just wouldn't give us the value of our trade and it was also a DRV.
                          2012 Chevrolet 3500 dually CM ER Hauler bed with E-Z Floater air hitch . Sold 2006 Doubletree 32TK3

Comment

I had never met anyone from RV's for less or been to their business. A friend bought from them and recommended I consider a DRV. I looked at their website (which is GREAT) and emailed Karen Burson with an ever increasing number of questions. She answered them all very efficiently and I subsequently ordered my Mobile Suites Estate 39 RESB3 - which I'm delighted with. What's unusual about this transaction is that it was all arranged from my home in England (including the trade of my Carriage Carrilite) so this was a 4,550 mile transaction. The service from everyone at RV's for less has been nothing less than exceptional - and they are lovely people to deal with as well.
                            Traveling Man
                            2012 Ford F450 King Ranch
                            2015 DRV Mobile Suites Estates 39RESB3

Comment

Working...
                            X