Need advice from people who have bought from RVs for Less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice from people who have bought from RVs for Less

I really need your advice! I am finding it difficult to communicate with Ken Rife for whatever reason. He is always late returning my emails and is VERY DIFFICULT to reach by phone. I am in the early stages of planning and can't imagine what I will have to go through if the situation is similar when I get close to actually putting an order (sometime in June). Is it only me or do you guys have someone else to suggest to talk to? Or is it only Ken there and he is overworked and is simply missing my emails/calls because of that? Please help me out. I have nothing against of Ken personally, I just need to get responses fairly quickly from them, that's all. Thanks in advance!

I replied to you in the other thread where you made basically the same post.

Rusty
    Rusty & Sandy Creekmore
    2 Shelties - Coby & Callie + Conner the Campground Cat

Prior - 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291; Current - 2014.5 MS 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, B&W RVK3600 hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Leliko View Post
      I really need your advice! I am finding it difficult to communicate with Ken Rife for whatever reason. He is always late returning my emails and is VERY DIFFICULT to reach by phone. I am in the early stages of planning and can't imagine what I will have to go through if the situation is similar when I get close to actually putting an order (sometime in June). Is it only me or do you guys have someone else to suggest to talk to? Or is it only Ken there and he is overworked and is simply missing my emails/calls because of that? Please help me out. I have nothing against of Ken personally, I just need to get responses fairly quickly from them, that's all. Thanks in advance!
      While they might be further distant from you, you might still try Rolling Retreats and talk to Alicia. Rolling Retreats is a mom and pop operation and Alicia handles every order/sale while Slade handles all the repairs and PDI's.

Even though they might not be the top selling dealer, in the short time that they have been in business, they are probably in the top 5 selling dealers. Plus, they are extremely helpful to anyone, whether the customer buys from them or not. They definitely know the value of customer service.

Rolling Retreats website

Terry
      Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
      2008 Ford F450
      2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Ask for Karen at RVs For Less. She owns the dealership and has always been prompt in returning calls and emails.
        Jim & Barb
        www.suiteadventure.com

2013 Ram 3500, Longhorn, Dually, 4x4, Aisin, 4.10, Transfer Flow Aux/Trax II
        2014 Hyundai Tucson (grocery-getter)
        2014.5 Mobile Suites #7039 SOLD!
        Full timers 2013-2015

Previous:
        Volvo 770
        2006 Mobile Suites

Comment

We dealt with Karen, she was very quick to answer emails, very through with the answers, even had Kile at DRV involved in some of the questions. Very pleasant to talk to on the phone.
          Besides all that it was the best price that I was able to get from anyone.
          2014.5 41RSSB4 Mobile Suite
          610 Volvo
          2009 smart riding on the Volvo
          www.vcbuilders.org

Comment

Ask for Karen or Butch and you will get some help. I did talk to Butch two weeks ago about the lack of response from Ken when it came to returning calls and emails. I understand that he is busy but if he has that much work, they should hire someone to help out. If nothing else, have someone, anyone, return a phone call or email with a response of some sort. Even a simple "I will get with Ken and call you back with an answer ASAP" would be fine.

If you talk with Karen or Butch (husband and wife team that own the dealership), mention it to them. Enough reminders and we may get Ken some help....
            2012 Freightliner M2-112 with DD13, Allison 4000 and Trailer Saver

2015 38RSSA Elite #7598

Comment

Karen and Butch are the owners and I believe Ken is the GM. I did all of my ordering through Karen and Butch. Sat with Butch for a couple of hours when we visited and then wore Karen out with emails and changes when it came time to actually order. Karen was always great responding to emails.

Ken has been very helpful with service after the sale. Both Ken and Butch have returned my calls even on weekends when I had problems like finding a blown fuse or issues with the oil bath hubs.

Maybe he is out of the office...just saying. Suggest you call Karen or simply copy her on your email to Ken.

As for where to order both RV4L and RR get good reviews on the forum. Karen invited me to send my quote to other dealers to see if they would beat it. You might want to do that with them and send to Alicia at RR. I know that both sell below MSRP and whatever that other acronym is for below the price at which they are allowed to advertise.

We were happy with the deal we made at RV4L. But hey, the reality is that only they know if you got a good deal or not. They treated me well.

Regards:

Be well.
              Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
              Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
              2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Michael and Katherine,

The acronym is MAP for Minimum Advertised Price. What will be interesting is whether that policy will remain in place with Thor/Heartland at the helm. I've never heard whether they have the same policy. Who knows; all manufacturers may do something similar.

Terry
                Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
                2008 Ford F450
                2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Thank you all very very much! I really appreciate your input and have taken steps to improve paving my path to the desired DRV unit

With best regards,

Yours in rv-ing

Lela

Comment

Michael
                    Were you able to negotiate a better price eventually after Karen gave you her initial price for your unit. She gave me a price and I am unsure if I should counter offer her
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by HOWITTRO View Post
                      Michael
                      Were you able to negotiate a better price eventually after Karen gave you her initial price for your unit. She gave me a price and I am unsure if I should counter offer her
                      Bob
                      Can't hurt to try. I initially sent build sheets out to different dealers that were within 500 miles of me. Karen's quote was the best. We went to their dealership and had a good 2 hr. talk with her and Butch. Butch gave a lot of good advice on what to and not to order. End result...our build sheet changed dramatically from the original and saved us money. We just picked up our new unit last week and could'nt be happier. They had us stay in it overnight and took care of all the little stuff we found.

Comment

Working...
                      X