Used DRVuld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used DRVuld

Which years of DRV are a better? Which years should I avoid and why?

Avoid any of the years when DRV used the Schwintek electric slide out system. I believe that was the 2012 and 2013 model years. Our MS was a 2013 model year delivered in October 2012. The Schwintek slide out system is a nightmare and DRV does not provide the service support that they should for this system which they know is terribly flawed. It has made ownership of our MS miserable.
    2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
    2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

Comment

Wonder if the 2014 has the same system? Thanks for the information.

Comment

Tarheel, if you look at a used rig and it has tracks for a gear to run in on the top and bottom of both sides it is a Schwintec slide system. On the other side of the coin we had a 2012 Hitch Hiker with the Schwintec system and except for a very early motor failure all 3 slides worked flawlessly for 4 years. Yet we saw some where the tracks had been pull right off the slide. I always thought the problem was with the way the system was installed not with the system. Dick
        Bobi and Dick
        Mohave Valley, Az

Comment

There are several manufacturers that used that Schwintek channel system and ALL have had problems. There should be a class action suit. Kyle, from Drv, kept telling owners they would stand behind them and when it came time to help, nope, no dice. Ours was not a nightmare but did go poopie on us, Slade from Rolling Retreats rebuilt it last year and we have had no problems since. I do know Drv did replace or rebuild slides for some customers, maybe the ones that had more issues than most.
          Jan & Thomas
          2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
          2012 Ford F350
          Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

I agree with you, Dick. The Schwintek system is not a bad system, in theory. The problem with it is that it is a system with very low tolerance for less than perfect conditions, and DRV's manufacturing quality is definitely less than perfect. Our Schwintek system on the bedroom slide out failed three times in three years. Finally, on the third time, Lippert (the manufacturer of Schwintek) asked the repair techs to measure the opening for the bedroom slide out. Upon measurement, it was determined that the opening was not square (about 3/4" wider at the top than the bottom). This manufacturing defect constantly stressed the Schwintek motors and caused them to fail. I had to pay over $2,000 in structural modifications to correct this problem. Another manufacturer, with greater quality control, could have better results with the Schwintek system. That manufacturer is definitely not DRV.
            2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
            2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

Comment

Which slide out system does DRV use now?

Comment

On our 2016 39DBRS3 we have hydraulic on the 2 big slides and a cable system on the 2 bedroom slides. Been on the road 4 months now and so far so good.
                Bobi and Dick
                Mohave Valley, Az

Comment

Working...
                X