X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Suites Aire.

Does anyone know about this product?

From the DRV website.
    "Finally a DRV product that is designed for single wheel trucks...
    Light in weight and aggressively priced!Mobile Suites Aire,
    coming fall of 2017."

Originally posted by MarkHB View Post
    Does anyone know about this product?

From the DRV website.
    "Finally a DRV product that is designed for single wheel trucks...
    Light in weight and aggressively priced!Mobile Suites Aire,
    coming fall of 2017."
    I thought that was what the "Tradition" was for. Are they eliminating the Tradition?
    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

They got rid of the tradition and the ms estates more than a year ago, almost 2.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by porkchop View Post
        They got rid of the tradition and the ms estates more than a year ago, almost 2.

Bill
        Thanks!!!!
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

If they make it well (is that possible now?) it would compete with the decked-out Montanas. Or will it just be another attempt at cheapening the name DRV has established?
          Select Suites, then Tradition--now Aire. Seems to me it is hard to set a standard, then lower it to sell better. Time will tell...
          2005 36TK3 #1869
          2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

They need to stick to what they USED to do well!!!
            39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Here's a little write-up about the Aire

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2016/09/dr...e-suites-aire/
              Last edited by jimmac28; 09-23-2016, 04:58 PM.
              2016 40 KSSB4
              2016 F350 DRW Platinum

Comment

On the rolling retreats facebook page, they have posted photographs of the Aire. Apparently the Aire has 2" walls and 12" box frame.

Comment

Sounds like a revival of the SS/Tradition lines----anything to get into sales where the real volume is.
                  2005 36TK3 #1869
                  2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
                    Sounds like a revival of the SS/Tradition lines----anything to get into sales where the real volume is.
                    Except the Select Suites still had the 3.25" walls. They went to 2" walls with the Tradition. There is a night and day difference between my 2012 Select Suites and my 2016 Mobile Suites Atlanta, just no comparison!!

Joe

Comment

Except the Select Suites still had the 3.25" walls. They went to 2" walls with the Tradition. There is a night and day difference between my 2012 Select Suites and my 2016 Mobile Suites Atlanta, just no comparison!!

Joe
                      No comparison in what regard?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHB View Post

No comparison in what regard?
                        My Atlanta is much better built. Much more solid. Quiet a/c's that are all ducted together. My SS had chill grills hanging down and the a/c's were not ducted together. They were extremely LOUD. My 12 SS had the hated Schwintek slide system for the bedroom slide and hydraulic for the others. That particular Schwintek system was not a good choice for DRV. 2014 through current models get cable slides for the smaller slides and hydraulic for the big ones still. Slam baggage doors on the basement. The 12" I beam frame on the SS is not good compared to the 15" box frame on the MS. I got the 2" riser on the frame so that my MS will tow level on my 2014 Ram, so in effect I have a 17" frame.

Joe

Comment

"so in effect I have a 17" frame"

Yes about 5' on each side. I have 18"
                          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Sounds more like a HitchHiker II LS. Lighter weight trailers for three season/weekend campers. We have one now and our MS 40KBBS4 with a lot of elite upgrades has been on order for over a month now. Can't wait until it arrives.
                            2016 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab Dually, LTZ
                            2017 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4 highly Elited

Sold: 2006 HitchHiker II LS 29.5 FKTG

Comment

Working...
                            X