sewer hose storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sewer hose storage

Ordering a new 36 RSSB3, where is the sewer hose storage in the 2017 models?
    Retired in Utah
    2011 Ford F350 Dually
    2011 Mobile Suites 36TKSB3

I do not believe they install a tube for storage any longer. Most have installed either a 6" square pvc fence post or a 5-6" round pipe underneath. Our earlier models did have the factory installed unit, but our current 2014 does not. They were too small for my use anyway. Hard to get a short hose with ends in and could only hold 10-15' of hose. My 6" post will easily hold 30' of hose with all the ends on.

Bill

Comment

I went to Home Depot and got a square 5" plastic fence post 8' and put it in front of my middle jacks with a metal band, put post covers on each end and painted it black. I will take a picture and post it. It works great, I can get 30' of hose in it with my dump connector.

Comment

Don't forget to drill holes on the bottom for drains.

Comment

About a year and a half ago, I installed two Valterra Black 64" EZ Hose Carriers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) under the main storage doors (parallel to the length of the RV) on both the driver and passenger sides of my MS. Each carrier holds one 15' Rhino Extreme sewer hose, with connection fittings attached. To date, I have been very pleased with the function of these carriers and they look good, too. They now make a 94" version of the same hose carrier, if you are so inclined.
          2013 Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
          2012 F350 DRW 6.7L Turbocharged Diesel (3.73)

Comment

Byron,
            At 64" and the frame is about 74" spread, what did you attach the brackets to? Would also like the 94" but don't know where the brackets would hit for a frame mount...
            Thanks,
            Joe
            2005 36TK3 #1869
            2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by papaducky View Post
              Don't forget to drill holes on the bottom for drains.
              I did the same on my old toy hauler. Took it off when we traded it in and now trying to figure out where to mount to the 38RSSA. Where did you mount to the frame on yours? The whole belly is covered on mine and I hate to cut into it....
              2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
              2016 Western Star 5700xe
              Our YouTube Channel

Comment

I've attached two photos. One shows the entire carrier and where it is mounted under the storage door area (I have one on each side of the RV...each mounted in the same way). The second photo shows how the carriers are attached under my MS. Each carrier comes with 4 sheet metal screws. I simply drilled four holes, in the MS sheet metal, and screwed them in...pretty quick and easy.

Comment

bryon, I like those led lights where did you power them from.
                  2016 40 KSSB4
                  2016 F350 DRW Platinum

Comment

I just put mine in a tote in the basement.

I carry 5, 10 and 15' hoses.
                    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Byron, thanks. I am wanting to mount mine crosswise, so will need to know where the brackets hit. May have to use the muffler strap like papaducky did, tho I doubt I can square the bend as good as he did...
                      2005 36TK3 #1869
                      2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

I am glad I saw this post. I have the tube below coming in the 43" to 80" length and was planning on mounting it the way Byron did his. I am glad to see it looks like my plan will work. We have a 20' Rhino Flex with fittings which is why I went with the one I did. These have free shipping right now.

http://www.dwincorp.com/products.php?product_id=125
                        2017 Chevy 3500 4X4 C/C DRW D/A
                        2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3
                        Comfort Ride 245 Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Wingnut60 View Post
                          Byron, thanks. I am wanting to mount mine crosswise, so will need to know where the brackets hit. May have to use the muffler strap like papaducky did, tho I doubt I can square the bend as good as he did...
                          HaHaHa.....I hung mine on my last coach the same way. A bench vise with large peen hammer works great.
                          2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suites
                          2016 Western Star 5700xe
                          Our YouTube Channel

Comment

In response to jimmac28, I power my LED lighting by plugging it into the receptacle outside the door of my MS. I run a cord from the receptacle, to under the rig, where I have a timer to automatically turn the lights on and off every night. I installed rope lighting with 3M clips (clips about every 12 inches) underneath the entire periphery of my MS (including the wheel wells). Therefore, I do not have to remove the rope lighting when I move the rig. If you install the adhesive clips correctly (thoroughly clean the surface with rubbing alcohol before applying them), they are very sturdy. I have driven thousands of miles without one coming loose.

Comment

Thanks Byron.
                              2016 40 KSSB4
                              2016 F350 DRW Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X