sewer hose storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byron.bailey View Post
    In response to jimmac28, I power my LED lighting by plugging it into the receptacle outside the door of my MS. I run a cord from the receptacle, to under the rig, where I have a timer to automatically turn the lights on and off every night. I installed rope lighting with 3M clips (clips about every 12 inches) underneath the entire periphery of my MS (including the wheel wells). Therefore, I do not have to remove the rope lighting when I move the rig. If you install the adhesive clips correctly (thoroughly clean the surface with rubbing alcohol before applying them), they are very sturdy. I have driven thousands of miles without one coming loose.
    My LED lights are Red and came installed underneath our coach when delivered. They are awesome. They are controlled by a switch by the door. The only drawback is that they are controlled by a switch by the door. I would rather have them controlled by a timer though. I turn them on at before dark and then turn them off when I go to bed. I've only forgotten to turn them off a couple of times in the year and a half we have had our Atlanta.

Joe

Comment

Joe, you could drill a small hole either next to the switch or in the switch panel itself and install one more led. Might help you remember that they're on.
      Jim and Elaine
      2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longbed Crew Cab
      2016 Houston

Comment

My solution for sewer hose and fittings storage...

One 10 foot 8" Sch 40 PVC sewer pipe, and one 10 foot 6" Sch 40 PVC sewer pipe.

Both are secured with perforated steel straps using self-tapping screws to the concealed frame.

Previously tried thin wall PVC perforated drain line, secured to the extreme back end of the underside. That did not work out very well due to a sharp turn on a slope that was too steep. The result was a crushed drain line and some damaged sewer hose.

Cost: $175 and several hours of labor. Could not attach pictures due to file size limitations.

John
        2012 MS 36TKSB4
        2015 GMC Sierra Dually Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by JRayias View Post
          My solution for sewer hose and fittings storage...

One 10 foot 8" Sch 40 PVC sewer pipe, and one 10 foot 6" Sch 40 PVC sewer pipe.

Both are secured with perforated steel straps using self-tapping screws to the concealed frame.

Previously tried thin wall PVC perforated drain line, secured to the extreme back end of the underside. That did not work out very well due to a sharp turn on a slope that was too steep. The result was a crushed drain line and some damaged sewer hose.

Cost: $175 and several hours of labor. Could not attach pictures due to file size limitations.

John
          2012 MS 36TKSB4
          2015 GMC Sierra Dually Diesel
          I'll bet that 10' 8" pipe was pretty heavy. I had the 6" variety on our previous rig, and I remember it reminding me that it was no feather. ha

Joe

Comment

I used 4" Sch 30 PVC which has a larger inside diameter for hose to fit. Bought 2 end caps to fit and 2 drawer handles for easy removal of end caps. Installed with a roll of perforated strap. Total cost was maybe $25.
            I did have to saw the ears off the hose fittings to fit inside the pipe. Been using it for 10 years now. I did drill holes in bottom of pipe for it to drain if needed.
            sigpic
            Bob & Judy Schmader
            2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
            2001 F550 Starhauler
            www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
            IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

Haha. Your Mobile Suite requires a tub n lid for storage. Same for water hoses.

Comment

I have, and someone else mentioned, the Rhino Flex. The 2 ends connect together, so there is no mess, leakage, or drainage. So, I just connect them and put them in the front storage. The end pieces are stored in a plastic bag.
                2017 MS 36RSSB3; delivered GVW 16.8k, most options including fiberglass roof.

2012 F-350 King Ranch CC, 6.7, LWB, SRW, Air Lift air bags w/onboard compressor, Bilsteins, 1 1/4" rear anti sway bar, Oversized Tires, aFe Finned Aluminum Hi Capacity Diff and Trannie Pans, all fluids full synthetic, PIP & KEM Tunes with SCR4, Edge CTS gauge monitoring; plus a lot of unmentionables.

Comment

Working...
                X