Washer/Dryer make, model and opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer/Dryer make, model and opinion

i have spoken to many DRV owners and several have had residential models they loved. I would really appreciate some input, thanks

When you say 'residential models' do you mean full-size? Or just what fits in most W/D areas?
    Ours is Splendide stacked models--washer is ok, dryer very wimpy compared to last Whirlpools we had in older Suites. Dryer already quit once, replacement not any better.
    Wife wishes she had the Whirlpools again...
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Stacked or side by side? We have had whirlpool s/s and fridadaire that were good. Dryers were 240v.

Bill

Comment

Bosch washer and dryer, 230vac, 8 years ago. Been in our 09, our 14, now in our 18. When or if they fail, new Bosch for sure!! The new Bosch dryers are "condensing" so do not require venting though I would probably have a roof vent in the same room.
        Bill & Jody
        2018 Cumberland (modified!)
        2016 F450 DRW4X hauler

Comment

I am referring to residential types. Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure yet what you mean by residential models. If you mean full size, I doubt you will find a drv that has enough floor space to fit one in. If you mean 240v dryers, yes it is do able. I have had the stand alone 240v dryers before and currently have a stacked Frigidaire model FFLE4033QW 240 volt unit that works flawlessly. Measure your available space and I think you will see that "apartment" sized is what will fit. Does not have to be made specifically for an RV. Good luck

Bill

Comment

Dumped my POS Chinese Made Whirlpool washer for a Bosch 500 series 240V washer, we LOVE it!!! Side by side model.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Cummins12v98, how do you like the Whirlpool dryer? Ron
                2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
                2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredawg Chief View Post
                  Cummins12v98, how do you like the Whirlpool dryer? Ron
                  It's been great for 3+ years of full time use. Made in USA! It's a 240V model.
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

I have the same dryer and I have the matching washer. We're heading out Fri so will test them this weekend. We never really like the combo Splendide.
                    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
                    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Originally posted by Wiredawg Chief View Post
                      I have the same dryer and I have the matching washer. We're heading out Fri so will test them this weekend. We never really like the combo Splendide.
                      I wish you good luck on the Chinese made Whirlpool washer! First thing you may notice is wet clothes at the end of the cycle. I recently sold mine for $50 on CL.

If it goes bad on you spend the$$$ and get the Bosch 500 series 240 model. Tap the 240 dryer outlet and add the proper outlet above so it's on the same circuit. If a person uses the Bosch Dryer the washer simply plugs into it. The combined draw is below 30A.

39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Our 2010 doesn't have 240V, so when we bought ours new, we put in the separate Whirlpool washer and dryer. We did have to order the 110v model dryer though. If you don't have it yet, be sure and get one of the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C hard wired system to protect things. When we first moved into our MS, we moved to a small mobile home park that had fairly crappy electric service. I'm pretty sure that took out the Whirlpool washer, and it may very well have damaged the second Whirlpool washer. We left Oklahoma City in 2014 (3 years in that park) and went to Colorado where we had to replace the second Whirlpool washer. Wife ordered an LG, but they fudged on the measurements and didn't allow for hooking up in the back with hoses and such, so it is a bit big for our 38TKSB3.. (By the way, we have since installed the PI system and have had no problems with "burn-out.") As for the 110V dryer, it is still running and being used regularly, although the timer on it occasionally runs backwards. It still dries clothes though.

We were just over to see Alicia and Slade at Rolling Retreats and she showed us a new DRV Suites that has been built to allow for a full sized washer and dryer set, although they have to be stacked.

Terry
                        Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
                        2008 Ford F450
                        2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Honestly if i had the option of a full sized washer and dryer I would pass. We have plenty of capacity for our needs, actually much more capacity than I assumed we would!
                          39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Working...
                          X