Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingskids
    replied
    Good for you!! I never find good stuff like that when I go to them. I find nice clothes (I like "experienced clothing" - they fit the same later as they did when I bought them), but never good thrifty things like that fix...!

Leave a comment:

• sower volunteers
    replied
    we found a power head without the vacuum at a thrift store. i put a 25 foot cord on it and a foot switch. it works great.

Leave a comment:

• Kingskids
    replied
    Wow - bet you had a dusty basement!! Can I say SNEEZING!!??

Guess you were glad to have discovered this little "issue" huh?

Leave a comment:

• EDT
    replied
    Changing bag does wonders, bags were never installed in ours when it was 6 year old

Leave a comment:

• Kingskids
    replied
    Here's what we got - and it does a FANTASTIC job on pet hair and cat litter. Has the rotating brushes powered by air and the power cord. Only a tiny bit more time involved in hooking up the power, but what a difference over the rather pitiful Rug Rat. I do need to find a sock for my hose as well. Our S&B had a central vac, and over time it took the finish off a couple of places on the baseboards and the door trim. Don't want that to happen here. Obviously you'd have to wash the sock with every use, but not a deal killer... Better than messing up the wood on the rig! Some mentioned that the Dirt Devil doesn't have much pick up, so I'm guessing that the newer units have a stronger model than the older units might have had since ours seems to have plenty of pick up - even for cat litter.

MD Central Vacuum Retail Customer Service
    800-997-2278
    [email protected]
    34970 McMurtrey Ave.
    Bakersfield, CA 93308
    www.builtinvacuum.com

Order Number: xxxxxx
    Placed: May 18 2011 2:15PM
    Ship Via: UPS GROUND

Code Name Qty. Price/Ea. Total
    302CO35 35' ELECTRIC CORD FOR 302 1 $19.60 $19.60
    472 MINI ELECTRIC BRUSH 1 $69.97 $69.97
    Subtotal: 89.57
    Shipping: 9.99
    Sales Tax: 0.00
    Total: 99.56

Leave a comment:

• GypsyBill
    replied
    Originally posted by JungleJim0745 View Post
    You can order an extension hose for the on board Dirt Devil Vacuum, and while it might not be the best vacuum in the world, just ordering a nice power head for it makes it seem so much better, and does a much better job also.

The power head is not cheap, but is well worth the money in our estimation so we don't have to carry another vacuum cleaner.

Happy RVing.
    Which power head did you get... we see a couple of options on the Dirt Devil site... the wife likes ours but the power head would be a good option to have... thanks

Leave a comment:

• mogolfer
    replied
    Central Vac power

Originally posted by Lights View Post
    We found this Vacuum head for our central vac system and it works GREATs . Information about it is Centeral Vacuum Stores 3015 46th Avenue North St. Peterburg, FL 33714 phone # 727-526-5188www.centralvacuumstores.com
    item # 3797 Central Vacuum InterVac Power Head With Batter Charger Price $169.00 no shipping charge. The head is about 12 or 14 inchs wide and has the same size fitting as the little head that came with our Dirt Deivl Centeral Vac System. It makes cleaning MUCH easyer and faster. It is well worth the money.
    I purchased one of these to get the job done!

Leave a comment:

• JungleJim0745
    replied
    You can order an extension hose for the on board Dirt Devil Vacuum, and while it might not be the best vacuum in the world, just ordering a nice power head for it makes it seem so much better, and does a much better job also.

The power head is not cheap, but is well worth the money in our estimation so we don't have to carry another vacuum cleaner.

Happy RVing.

Leave a comment:

• sje
    replied
    worthless vac

we have the dirt devil on our 36tk3. it was on the suite when we bought it. DW used is once and said it was worthless because it would not pick up much, so it has been relegated to the basement. I have used it to clean the basement and the patio carpet we have laid out. I have to agree with her it doesnt pick up too much very easy . She always brings our riccar along from our stick built if we are gone very long. sje

Leave a comment:

• westx
    replied
    Dirt Devil Vac

We purchased the 40DB Mobile Suite on display at SOITC Rally last June that was customized with an office instead of double bunks. I have the same problem. Connection is inside the panel door by steps going up to bedroom. I have trouble getting the hose stretched enough but still it flip flops on side of cabinets. Would love to have an answer to this problems. We love our MS. This is our second. Very few problems. We have had some cold days and nights in the Hill Country near Kerrville, Tx One day high 16 and night 9 so it never got above freezing for about f48 hrs. We stayed toasty and warm. No drafts, cannot feel wind coming in side windows. Love the fire place.

Leave a comment:

• igotjam
    replied
    I think this is an SB floorplan problem. We have the conventional center hallway and the hose does not really hit the walls. My guess is that with a side opening between the living area and bedroom area, pulling the hose would make it touch the wall. Sorry no solution here. I know I have seen a cloth hose cover for stix and bricks systems...perhaps that might work? Don't know where you get them but its like a 10 ft sock that fits over the hose.

Leave a comment:

• j&j
    started a topic Dirt Devil Vacuum

Dirt Devil Vacuum

I have the central vac and the hose is making marks on my wall going up the steps and the rounded wall in the bedroom. It is really hard to stretch the hose and makes vacuuming harder. Has anyone had this problem?

Jeri
Working...
X