I'm the first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm the first!

Just wanted to be the first one to post on something. Actually, I'm wondering if the rest of you gals like living in the suite as much as I do. We have a SS, picked it up on June 1, and took off for So. Calif. It is so much easier to clean than the Avion we had before. Is it that there aren't so many nook & crannies for dust to accumulate, not sure. Our plans are to live it in for the next couple of years, travel around to see the families, workamp some and enjoy our lives away from our stressful jobs. We are in bustling So. Calif. to help with newborn triplets until March, then off to see more of this great country.
    The thing I don't like in the TK3 models, the oven is so hard to light! Who didn't think of this when they designed this model? DH can't get in that position to light it. Doubletree, do you have any women on the design staff?
    Jan & Thomas
    2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
    2012 Ford F350
    Fulltiming since 2006

Me too

We lived in an Open Road 5'er for 10 mos before we traded for our Elite. It was set up similiar to the CK3. It had the same lighting issue with the oven. Sit on the floor & reach way way back. That's why we turned it into our breadbox. Our ES didn't come with an oven. It came almost exactly the way we would have ordered if we would have gone that route.

It's easier to keep this one clean because it's:
    #1 larger
    #2 has more storage
    #3 although it still gets dusty, we have less air infiltration
    Vickie & David
    SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
    Alicia - Custom kitchen
    2014 F450 KR 4x4
    Titan 65g tank
    2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Oven lighting difficulty

"The thing I don't like in the TK3 models, the oven is so hard to light! Who didn't think of this when they designed this model? DH can't get in that position to light it. Doubletree, do you have any women on the design staff?"

Of course Jan, if you had kept the order the way it was you would of had a convection oven, no lighting involved, ha, ha!
      Dave & Linda
      sigpic
      Sadie, our spoiled poodle
      2015 RESP4 Mobile Suite
      2011 F350 DRW

"Each day is a gift"

Comment

Road dust

While pulling your suite has anyone found a way to keep the road dust from finding its way into the trailer? We arrive at our destination and there is dust on everything, so now we usually clean after we arrive. Where does it creep in??

Comment

dust

I agree, there is more dust in this 5er than our Jayco, funny because this one has better insulation & enclosed underbelly. Go figure!
          Dave & Linda
          sigpic
          2015 RESP4 Mobile Suite
          2011 F350 DRW

"Each day is a gift"

Comment

Are you towing your unit with all of the vents and windows closed? We have the maxx air covers over our vents to allow the vents to be opened while in storage. If you forget to close them, it creates a vacuum through negative pressure in the RV. This will cause the dust to be sucked in through any small opening. Just a thought....
            sigpic
            Robert Raab
            Bruce Waterfield
            2007 Elite Suite 36RS3 #3756
            2010 F-450 Harley Davidson

Comment

dust

We definetly close all vents, however we have a window that won't shut tightly, maybe that's the problem.
              Dave & Linda
              sigpic
              2015 RESP4 Mobile Suite
              2011 F350 DRW

"Each day is a gift"

Comment

Working...
              X