Don't topple Over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't topple Over!

A fellow camper shared this product with me.....

Rather than packing up your pictures and glassware, this product allows everything to stay put. Who would have thought that something used for people living in earthquake areas could also be used by campers.

There are two products, one is clear and looks like rubber cement, the other looks like silly puddy.

The removable 'glue' doesn't leave stains and keeps everything where you put in, even when you are moving. You can use it to keep pictures in place or on your shelves. Unlike velcro which seems to loose it adhesive-ness. This looks cool, take a look.

http://www.museum3pack.com/collectibles.html

We tried some of this in our rear display cases and it didn't work very well.
    Happy Trails To You

Tom & Cheryl Brockman
    2015 39DBRS3, 2011 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
    S.O.I.T.C. Charter Member
    Retired & Full timing

Comment

But guess what does work amazingly (and I give credit to my new friend I met at DRV recently - Carol) for this one.... POSTER PUTTY! Yep! I have an 8 pound salt lamp that I constantly had to put away and wrap up to prevent damage - but since the poster putty, it rides on the bedroom vanity like a charm - even after a nasty set of railroad tracks that had the furniture jumping around! Carol told me that she met a lady who left an antique crystal lamp on her dining room table all the time, and it was only held in place with poster putty. My newest and greatest travel tool now comes in a little bitty package from Wally World!
      sigpic

Richard & Sharon (along with Harley & Scruffy, the most personable cats ever!)
      2011 Elite Suites (customized Denver floor plan) picture taken at our S&B in CO
      2005 Freightliner Century by 2L Custom Trucks, Texas
      Truck "swooshes" by Precision Paint, Indiana

Comment

we use museum glue to hold our figurines and glassware with great success. i even broke the stem on a wine glass because it held so strong. we also use poster putty and have found the blue holds better than the yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by sower volunteers View Post
          have found the blue holds better than the yellow.
          There's a difference!? I just assumed the colors were different brands as I've never really paid any attention or noticed two colors in the same place. But in my defense, I just bought the first poster putty for rv use last week and have only used a fraction of it yet. We don't have a lot of "stuff" out that needs to be stuck down as we're too new, and everything had to be stowed and packaged for travel till we just learned this great trick...
          sigpic

Comment

We have been using museum gel to hold curios to the glass shelve we put in our curio cabinet for about a year without ant problems. Of course this is located over the axles so probably has the smoothest ride. Just to be safe, DW still weaves bubble wrap between the curios in case they come loose, but has not been needed yet. At the suggestion of a fellow camper, we bought ours at Campingworld as that told us it seems to be the strongest available that they have found so I assume the gel also comes in varying strengths.
            Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
            2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

yes, the color is different manufacturers. the blue is made by duct, the same people that make duct tape. the yellow is an off brand. we find the blue at joann's fabric. just keep you eyes out when in hardware and hobby stores as they may carry the blue also.

Comment

Just FYI, I got the blue at Walmart in the craft section in St. Charles, MO. Man that stuff holds!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X