No announcement yet.

One ply or RV Tp which do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't use chemicals either. They, the chemicals, actually stink to us.
    2012 Chevrolet 3500 dually CM ER Hauler bed with E-Z Floater air hitch . Sold 2006 Doubletree 32TK3

Comment

Yea, After seeing the angelsoft disintegrate... I don't think it's needed.. but will continue to use it anyways.. It can't hurt..
      2013 3500 RAM DRW Longhorn 4X4 , Aisen , 4.10 , Longbox
      2015 Lexington MS
      2015 Hyundai Elantra

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

There is apparently still some of the old formula Angel Soft still on the market. So just a friendly heads up, watch the package label for "New Stronger and Softer Formula", this is the one that will not dissolve. We only use a soap based toilet treatment called Blue Streak. It really does help keep the bowl cleaner and also has a nice soft powder scent that smells nice in the bathroom. I really do not think that any of the more expensive chemicals or enzymes really work very well in RV systems since the paper will dissolve in water and waste will break up naturally as it sits in water. However, I do feel that soap will help dissolve the grease /oil in the solid waste and help keep it from building up on the tank walls, tank / toilet seals and in toilet bowl. Just my experience, soap is the bet thing to use to keep the entire waste system clean and working smoothly.
        Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
        2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

I think maybe you got the old formula.. something from a while ago...

Ours say "septic safe"on the front..

Says it on the walmart website too.. "Flushable and septic safe"..

Angelsoft website shows 3 ... a white one, a smelly one, and one with prints.. all 3 2 ply.. all 3 septic safe...All 3 should be the same..

http://www.angelsoft.com/products
          2013 3500 RAM DRW Longhorn 4X4 , Aisen , 4.10 , Longbox
          2015 Lexington MS
          2015 Hyundai Elantra

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

Been using Scotts RV toilet paper, at WALLY WORLD, pretty cheap, no problems
            Kerry & Carol

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie, crew cab, LB, 4X4
            2015 DRV MS 43' Dallas
            Now a F/T'er

Comment

Just to clarify for those that wonder how I saw white in brown stuff. I was seeing the paper bits when flushing after dumping the black tank. When we were in Oklahoma City, I'd flush in 5 minute increments (2 1/2 minutes with valve closed - 2 1/2 minutes opened) at least three times and sometimes more because of the amount of paper bits I saw during the process. After changing to Scotts, no paper bits to speak of and now my "most serious" need for flushing after was 2 5-minute increments of flushing. Most times now, I only need to do one.

Also, with regards to OUR Mobile Suites with its toilet, paperwork came with it advising not to use Charmin Ultra. It said nothing about "soft" or "strong."

Terry
              Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
              2008 Ford F450
              2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

I question if septic safe is rv safe. Quite a difference is tank system. We have always used single ply and no problems in all 8 years of full time and no chemicals.
                2012 Chevrolet 3500 dually CM ER Hauler bed with E-Z Floater air hitch . Sold 2006 Doubletree 32TK3

Comment

I have used Charmin Basic one ply for 7 years in my 2007 SB36 and have never had any problems.
                  David & Carol Boruk
                  2007 36SB3
                  2007 CHEV. 2500HD CREWCAB

Comment

Double ply what ever and no issues over 7 years ft.
                    2014.5 Atlanta

Comment

I have been using Calgon Water Softener in the black tank. It seems to help things all around and is supposed to keep stuff from sticking to the sides of the tank. Still use a little chemical too. No problems. The biggest thing to remember is, Don't leave the black tank valve open. Leave it closed till the black tank is full. I leave the gray valve open all the time, but will close it the day before I dump the black. Open the black tank, flush it out good, close it, then chase the hose with the gray that has been shut for a day. A Clear View attachment helps let you know whats going on.
                      Kerry & Carol

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie, crew cab, LB, 4X4
                      2015 DRV MS 43' Dallas
                      Now a F/T'er

Comment

Working...
                      X