Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Pudding Recipe

SOITC MEMBERS,
    Several people asked me for my recipe for Bread Pudding I fixed at the Indiana Fall Rally. Here it is. If you have any questions, please call me.
    Enjoy!!!

Jill Schweikarth

SEE ATTACHMENT
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Don and Jill and Piper Schweikarth
    07 36RE3, 06 F350 CC, DRW, 4X4
    Enjoying Retirement
    www.mytripjournal.com/schweikarthtravels

I am unable to get a copy of your receipe in the form it was sent. Would you please send it in a different form. It sure sounds good. Thanks so much.

Comment

Bread Pudding

AMARETTO BREAD PUDDING

1 loaf of French Bread
      1 quart half-and-half
      2 tbs unsalted butter at room temperature
      3 eggs
      11/2 cups granulated sugar
      2 tbs almond extract
      ¾ cup golden raisins
      ¾ cup sliced almonds

Break up bread into small pieces and place in a medium sized bowl and cover with the half-and-half. Cover bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
      Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
      Grease a 9X13X2 inch baking dish with the butter, or butter pam spray
      In a small bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and almond extract. Stir into bread mixture.
      Spread bread mixture evenly in buttered baking dish. Set on middle rack of oven, and bake for 50 minutes, until golden. Remove and let cool.

AMARETTO SAUCE

8 tbs. unsalted butter at room temperature
      1 cup confectioner’s sugar
      1 egg, well beaten
      3 tbs. amaretto liqueur

In a small saucepan over low heat start melting butter and start adding powdered sugar, stir together butter and sugar. Sir constantly until sugar and butter are dissolved and mixture is very hot. Be careful not to burn mixture.
      Remove from heat. Whisk the egg well into the butter-and-sugar mixture. Continue whisking until sauce has come to room temperature.
      Add the amaretto liqueur

TO SERVE:

Preheat broiler. Cut pudding into 8-10 squares and place on an oven proof serving dish. Spoon Amaretto Sauce over pudding and place under broiler until sauce bubbles, or put Sauce in container and let guests pour over their own serving. If you use the Sauce in a pour container, I double the sauce recipe.
      Serve 8 to 10 large pieces, or cut into much smaller pieces for large crowd. It is very rich, so the smaller pieces work nicely.
      Vickie & David
      SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
      Alicia - Custom kitchen
      2014 F450 KR 4x4
      Titan 65g tank
      2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Working...
      X