No announcement yet.

I would love to get another Great Dane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to get another Great Dane.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has a Great Dane and is a full timer? I would love to get a dog but I would also would love to hear from someone else to see how they do it. We had one when we owned a house. Thank you in advance.

We started our rv adventure with two Greyhounds which likely take up as much room as one Greyt Dane. Unfortunately, my old girl passed away so now have just the one. I miss her but life in the RV is much less complicated with just one. Since you have had a Dane before, you know what they need for space and comfort so do what is best for you and the puppy. Ah...the things we do for love...puppy love.
    Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
    Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
    2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Well, I'm not familiar with living with anything larger than two Miniature Pinschers in an RV, but I think with a Great Dane the RV would have to be a 44-footer....

....beautiful dogs, but I also wonder how much space their dog food would take up in storage.

Terry
      Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
      2008 Ford F450
      2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by FullTimeFamily View Post
        I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has a Great Dane and is a full timer? I would love to get a dog but I would also would love to hear from someone else to see how they do it. We had one when we owned a house. Thank you in advance.
        I had a Dane years ago and can't imagine taking one along as a full timer. The one I had weighed 140 pounds at 10 months old. My neighbor has one that one that weighs 180 that is 3 years old. Maybe a tag along trailer/living quarters might be an idea. Their long thick tail can do a lot of damage in tight quarters, not to mention the bruising your legs can get when they get happy. Great dogs though. Loved the one I had.
        Jack W.

Comment

Hide your socks. Saw on news yesterday where a Great Dane in Oregon ate 44 pair and had to have surgery to remove them.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/oreg...ry?id=25245334
          Vickie & David
          SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
          Alicia - Custom kitchen
          2014 F450 KR 4x4
          Titan 65g tank
          2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Surely, it would have been cheaper to buy new socks.

Originally posted by hitchup View Post
            Hide your socks. Saw on news yesterday where a Great Dane in Oregon ate 44 pair and had to have surgery to remove them.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/oreg...ry?id=25245334
            Bill M, Ontario, Canada
            2015 MS 38RSSA #7348.
            2009 Ram Dually Diesel, 68RFE, 4.10 axles.
            In Good I Trust

Comment

Working...
            X