RV Winter Skirting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Winter Skirting

I'd like to know what others have done when they are somewhere that gets alot of snow? We want to skirt our trailer, but don't want the ugly snaps. Thinking along the lines of Foam insulation/ plywood. If anyone has done this, can you please tell me how you did it? I don't want to scratch up my camper either. We are in Maryland until March for work.
    Laurie, Gary
    Pebbles and Pixie (Japanese Chin)
    2015 3500 Ram Longhorn 4x4
    2015 Drv MS 39DBRS3 #7704- pick up 4-24-15

If you absolutely wont move it at all (up/down) then build a wooden framework that surrounds the trailer and then add the plywood/foam sheets to that? Hay bales would work around the lower portions, also, but don't look good.
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Unless it gets really cold in Maryland, I wouldn't worry about it. We live in our 2010 MS full-time and have seen temperatures as low as -6 degrees with few to no problems with not being skirted. At about zero degrees, the hot water line from the manifold to the kitchen sink seems to freeze up, but nothing else does.

Terry
      Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
      2008 Ford F450
      2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Update: I used rigid insulation panels, cut to fit, and pipe insulation on top between camper and insulation panels. We taped with painters tape that didn't leave a residue. We put a track at the bottom to guide the insulation pieces,cut to fit ,and wedged in with the pipe insulation 'cuff" over the top of the panel- tight against bottom of camper. Was a lot of work, but worked perfectly with zero damage to the underside of the camper/paint. Wish i could find the pics to share.
        Laurie, Gary
        Pebbles and Pixie (Japanese Chin)
        2015 3500 Ram Longhorn 4x4
        2015 Drv MS 39DBRS3 #7704- pick up 4-24-15

Comment

Working...
        X