No announcement yet.

Lippert Frames....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted about another issue with my Lippert DRV frame. I had a complete break at the pinbox. I had a fracture at a weld joint in 2015 that was repaired at the Lippert Service Center in Goshen. They added 4 gusset plates behind the pinbox. Now this complete break of the beam. I am supposing that that the root issue was not repaired in 2015 and continued the grow at a crack of stress point until it allowed the beam to break in half.

I received word late yesterday that Lippert has decided after reviewing all the data provided and internal reviews to "participate" in the repair. **See my other post for the latest info.
    Steve and Janet Gay
    Mason, OH

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD SRW - 6.6L Duramax/Allison 6spd
    2011 MS 38RSSB3
    sigpic

Comment

Steve, I'm glad to read where Lippert is willing to help with the repair. I don't understand why you need to go through Lippert to have this resolved. The coach was manufactured by DRV and if you're the original owner, DRV should be your first line of contact and should support you in your claim. DRV should be carrying this to Lippert and taking a leadership role in having this fixed, after all, this is the frame and not some minor part on the coach that failed. This is a safety issue that should get the attention of DRV as the manufacturer of the coach.
      Bryce & Kay Koslan
      Magnolia, TX 77354
      2018 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7L 4X4 DWR
      2019 Mobile Suites 40KSSB4
      B&W Companion

Comment

Tenbrooks,
        DRV’s Greg Weldon was my first fall. Since my coach is a 2011 he basically told me to call Lippert and that they had no interest in being involved. I was shocked and disappointed but began working directly with Lippert Customer Service. I contacted a local repair shop in Goshen and used them as a tear down location. At first, Lippert refused but then changed their direction and agreed to participate. The frame has just now been ensured so now comes the process of reassembling the entire nose all the way to the bed.
        Steve and Janet Gay
        Mason, OH

2011 MS 38RSSB3
        sigpic

Comment

Wow. “The frame has just now been repaired...”
          Steve and Janet Gay
          Mason, OH

2011 MS 38RSSB3
          sigpic

Comment

Over the years of owning a Heartland product I frequently found Lippert willing to stand behind the products. I have multiple friends that have had frame repairs completed well after warranty by Lippert

I had a toy hauler ramp door fail at 7 years and Lippert shipped me a new 7'x8' ramp at no cost as long as I was willing to do the work.
            Thanks,
            Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
            2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
            X