schwintek slide problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schwintek slide problem

We are unable to sell our 2013 36tksb3 Elite Suites due to the thirteen foot bedroom slide not working. Everything was replaced and will work if it unplug the two motors at the controller and use my homemade harness and use a battery. After looking at the bottom of the slide yesterday, I notice the two outboard rollers were shorter in width that the three others. With my hand I could feel a depression where the rollers are slowly sinking into the material that makes up the bottom of the slide. I now see that the edges of the gear teeth are binding with the two tracks that are mounted top and bottom on the slide ends. I called our dealer and he said to use some eighth inch stainless steel stripes to compensate for the slide falling. I was wondering if any of you have tried this fix and how it worked. I would think aluminum would work as well. The other solution is to drive across the country and spend thousands on a pulley cable system. What have you all done? Thanks for any help. Best regards, David

Where are you?
    Walt and Judy
    2010 32RS3 MS#5341
    2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD DRW 4WD Duramax

Comment

Stainless is MUCH stronger at the same thickness!
      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

I personally find it concerning that you are seeing depressions in the material on the underside of the slide from the rollers. We do not have the Schwintech mechanism, but on our 2006, the only thing I ever see where the rollers roll across the surface are dirt streaks when the rollers get dirty from too much use between washes and a few light scuff marks from 13 years of use. It actually sounds like the material may be gettig soft from water intrusion. You might want to push up on the floor and look for any movement and listen for any crackling sounds while you do it in different areas on both sides of the depressions. Good luck!

Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
        2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Slade at Rolling Retreats fixed our 2012 several years ago and we have had no problems since. There should have been a class action suit over this system, there were several manufacturers that used it and it's been bad news for all. If you can get into Rolling Retreats it WILL be fixed.
          Jan & Thomas
          2012 Mobile Suite 36RSSB3 #5942
          2012 Ford F350
          Fulltiming since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by davidngloriatoo View Post
            We are unable to sell our 2013 36tksb3 Elite Suites due to the thirteen foot bedroom slide not working. Everything was replaced and will work if it unplug the two motors at the controller and use my homemade harness and use a battery. After looking at the bottom of the slide yesterday, I notice the two outboard rollers were shorter in width that the three others. With my hand I could feel a depression where the rollers are slowly sinking into the material that makes up the bottom of the slide. I now see that the edges of the gear teeth are binding with the two tracks that are mounted top and bottom on the slide ends. I called our dealer and he said to use some eighth inch stainless steel stripes to compensate for the slide falling. I was wondering if any of you have tried this fix and how it worked. I would think aluminum would work as well. The other solution is to drive across the country and spend thousands on a pulley cable system. What have you all done? Thanks for any help. Best regards, David
            Near Apache Junction AZ

Comment

Originally posted by RickandJaniceBinns View Post
              I personally find it concerning that you are seeing depressions in the material on the underside of the slide from the rollers. We do not have the Schwintech mechanism, but on our 2006, the only thing I ever see where the rollers roll across the surface are dirt streaks when the rollers get dirty from too much use between washes and a few light scuff marks from 13 years of use. It actually sounds like the material may be gettig soft from water intrusion. You might want to push up on the floor and look for any movement and listen for any crackling sounds while you do it in different areas on both sides of the depressions. Good luck!
              It is dry as a bone. The people at RV's for less have done this to many units. This RV is stored inside and only gets wet very seldom in the winter in AZ. We don't even have a washer/dryer in the closet. It has a few coat and linen.

Comment

The system itself really isn't all that terrible but it requires very tight tolerances be held during manufacture. The best DRV could to is 3/4" on mine so the system never worked right from day 1 and after sending it back for a "free" repair, they tried to band aid their manufacturing flaw which did not work. I ended up rebuilding my system to make up for their lousy work and it's been ok so far.

Comment

Working...
                X