Pin Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Box

Hi everybody,Again we have a 2012 Mobile Suites, we brought our girl used,she came with the Tri-glide pin box,I been hearing horror stories about the plate going bad,anybody had any problems or failure with they Tri-Glide system? Is it a major problem? Sure I consider replacing it?We have had our fiver almost three years and have kept all 9 grease zerks good and greased.Any thoughts are welcome,Thx Terry

I Personally have never heard of a problem with them. Never experienced any either in 15 years..

Bill

Comment

OneTonDodgeman, I have not been near one when it failed, but have been to the after affects of two (2) failures. I have no way of knowing exactly what caused the failures, but I do know that the last one I saw was NOT due to lack of maintenance. While "tri-glide" does seem to function as designed it does have one major flaw! There is no "containment" system designed within it. that is, if it does fail the trailer is most likely gone. The two I am aware of failed either on starting or stopping and not at highway speed. Therefore the trailer only severely damaged its nose and the pick up cab and bed. Sale or replacement of the "tri-glide" system is no longer supported by Lippert and as I have been told, any current tri-glide owner can get, at no charge, a standard "trail-air" lower jaw and pin.
      Bill & Jody
      2018 Cumberland (modified!)
      2016 F450 DRW4X hauler

Comment

I have full timed since 2015 with our TriGlide pulling 23K and 25k when double towing. It may fail tomorrow but I do grease it with AMZ/OIL synthetic grease often and hit all 9 holes.
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Thx,Guys I will probably replace the pin box,don't like the idea of it may work or not.Replacement is cheaper than fixing trailer damage,

Comment

Hi Everybody,Up date on my pinbox question,bit the bullitt and brought a new Flex Air.So happy trails to us. Terry

Comment

Originally posted by OneTonDodgeman View Post
              Hi Everybody,Up date on my pinbox question,bit the bullitt and brought a new Flex Air.So happy trails to us. Terry
              What is it rated for? What does your RV weigh loaded?
              39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

I've had the original and the triglide on 5 different trailers and loved it for the ride. Never had a bit of problem with any. My new Santa was too heavy for it, (24000 lbs) so I was stuck with Morryde and did not enjoy the ride at all. Just purchased a Trailer Saver hitch with 3 air bags. I hope that will solve the problem. Leaving for Florida Monday so will report back in a few.

Bill

Comment

Almost forgot=I now have a 24000 lb rated Pulrite with industry standard rails and an adaptor for a newer F-350 puck system AND a 18000 lb rated Super Slider with an Adaptor to fit a 2008 F-350.
                  Both sitting in my shop in Nebraska just off I-80. Make someone a good deal. Have enough paper weights already.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by OneTonDodgeman View Post
                    Obviously too late to help. Lippert would have replaced the lower plate on your Trailair. They eliminated the tri glide after numerous failures but are taking care of customers.
                    Thanks,
                    Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
                    2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Saw this too late as well. I had one that was failing and Lippert did replace the lower jaw. If you can move the tri-glide plate side to side , not just back and forth Lippert says it is beginning to fail and will replace, no charge. Mine had almost a inch of movement side to side. It had none when new.
                      Charles & Charlotte

2011 MS 36RSSB3
                      2013 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by cimac View Post
                        Saw this too late as well. I had one that was failing and Lippert did replace the lower jaw. If you can move the tri-glide plate side to side , not just back and forth Lippert says it is beginning to fail and will replace, no charge. Mine had almost a inch of movement side to side. It had none when new.
                        OK, be honest did you grease "ALL NINE" Zerks every 600 miles or whatever they spec?
                        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Yes, I greased it. If that was the problem it was becaused I greased it to often.
                          Charles & Charlotte

2011 MS 36RSSB3
                          2013 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post

OK, be honest did you grease "ALL NINE" Zerks every 600 miles or whatever they spec?
                            Those tri-glides were failing greased or not. Just sooner to the people that didn't know about the hidden zerks.

If there was no problem they would still be available and there would be no free upgrade.

Thanks,
                            Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
                            2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

And out of curiosity, how many noticed a new thread posted under rallies?
                              Thanks,
                              Duane

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
                              2011 F-350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                              X