Trailer Saver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Saver

I have had, and really liked, a Pulman 24k hitch. I always used it in conjunction with a Lippert air ride pin box. Upon purchasing our current 44', 24000 lb trailer I found out that Trail Air did not make an air ride pin box for this heavy of a trailer

At first I was afraid I would just have to suck it up and get used to the crappy ride.This past winter I met a person that had just purchased a Trailer Saver hitch and was very happy with it so when we got home in April I started researching the matter and eventually purchased one.

I installed it and Hensley agreed to not start the warranty period until we actually used it. Well we took off on a trip to Florida a week ago and I could not be happier with the hitch. Easy to hitch and unhitch and rides like I hoped it would. No longer looks like a tornado went thru the inside! It also fits down in the Ford puck system and lowered my nose by 1 1/2" and now the trailer rides perfectly level. Unexpected bonus!

I would happily recommend Hensley Manuf. to every one. They have a full range of products up to 32,000 lbs., great phone service and quick shipping. Only thing that may be a problem for some is it's weight, 320 lbs. I have a fork lift and a shop with over head lifts so it was not a problem, but it may be for others.

Bill

Bill, thanks. Hensley has had topnotch hitches for many years--had one of the TT Arrows that worked fine. Just a little too much $$ for me at this time.
    2005 36TK3 #1869
    2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

I've had mine since 2006, it came with the truck and I couldn't be happier.
      sigpic
      Bob & Judy Schmader
      2006 Elite Suites 36 TK3
      2001 F550 Starhauler
      www.mytripjournal.com/elitesuitestravels
      IN GOD WE TRUST

Comment

Since they finally came up with Puck attachments IMHO they are the best air ride hitch on the market. Simple solid hitch head design similar to B&W.
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

I agree. Since the Trail Aire air ride pin box was not an option on this trailer, this was the best way to go. The Mor ryde may be good for chucking but not for smoothness of ride. No more tossed groceries in the trailer!

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X