Air Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioner

Our air keeps cycling off before the unit is cooled down, any ideas?

Adjust the t-stat to a lower setting. Some of these may not read correctly. Not calibrated. Good luck.

Bill

Comment

You do not say where you are located or if this happens only until cooled down to the desired setting. However, when in extremely high humidity, we run the A/C fans on high until the interior begins to cool down some and the inside humidity drops a little. Otherwise they may freeze up and shut down prematurely to thaw out. Dirty filters can cause the same issue, so make sure filters are clean.
      Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
      2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Thanks, we are in Minnesota now, not too hot, but having problems

Comment

Turned air off, pushed zone and mode at the same time. Int came up on the screen, reset to zones 1 and 2, works now.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Always nice to learn about an issue, especially when it's an easy fix.

Cheers, Ron
            2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
            2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Originally posted by floridalarry View Post
              Turned air off, pushed zone and mode at the same time. Int came up on the screen, reset to zones 1 and 2, works now.
              With regards to your A/C issue, what name and model of thermostat are you working with? I think those have changed over the years, and I don't know if the fix for yours would necessarily work on other models.

Terry
              Terry and Jo

Mobile Suites 2010 38TKSB3 #5332
              2008 Ford F450
              2017 Ford Expedition XL as Tag-along or Scout

Our Photos on Smugmug

Comment

Mine cycles all the time. Replaced sensor in ceiling, replaced thermostat and did the reset mentioned above, replaced circuit board, cleaned filters, etc. Still cycles on and off. If I set it on 40° it will freeze you out. I'm close to replacing the whole unit but my gut tells me that wouldn't work either. Don't know what to do? Maybe buy a older designed one where it vents at the unit and the controls are at the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by oldbird View Post
                  Mine cycles all the time. Replaced sensor in ceiling, replaced thermostat and did the reset mentioned above, replaced circuit board, cleaned filters, etc. Still cycles on and off. If I set it on 40° it will freeze you out. I'm close to replacing the whole unit but my gut tells me that wouldn't work either. Don't know what to do? Maybe buy a older designed one where it vents at the unit and the controls are at the unit?
                  Like Terry said, this may depend on year, make and model of your A/C's and the thermostat. I know when we had a new A/C installed that was 6 years newer than the other one, Indiana Interstate RV, who was doing the service, had quite a time getting the two A/C's to work together. After trying two different A/C control boards recommended by Dometic, Paul Cross ended up modifying one of the boards to get them both to work.
                  Rick Binns

2006 MS 32TK3, #2765, MorRyde I.S. & Pin Box, Level Up One Touch, 17.5" Wheel Upgrade
                  2012 F450 6.7L Diesel w/ Air Bags, Reese 25K Signature Hitch

"Bloom where you are planted"

Comment

Thanks Rick. I've been to Paul Cross, he put in my residential refrigerator. Good people!

Comment

Working...
                    X