Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower front cap color on a 2020 Granite Fusion Partial Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower front cap color on a 2020 Granite Fusion Partial Paint?

The DRV website shows photos of the Granite Fusion partial paint job as having a white or cream colored lower front cap, but online I've seen photos of 2020 units for sale that appear to have a black lower front cap. Did they change or can you specify? Anyone know?
    2012 Select Suites 40 BHSB3 #5889

FF6EED3E-7AE1-43D1-80B6-75E6A90AFA05.jpeg Can't answer your question but all DRV's are now full paint. This is what they look like prior to heading to paint

Attached Files
    39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
      FF6EED3E-7AE1-43D1-80B6-75E6A90AFA05.jpeg Can't answer your question but all DRV's are now full paint. This is what they look like prior to heading to paint
      No they are not. The slide out walls are not painted unless you get the full paint option or get the option to paint the walls to match stripes, if you get partial paint.

All of the bottoms that we have saw with the granite have been dark. They are also painted with something the tenture of Rhino lining to prevent chipping.

Comment

Pictures don't lie!
        39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's 37,500# GCVWR "Towing Beast" "HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

Comment

Looked at 3 2020 Suites, one a Fullhouse, today and all had the textured finish on the lower front--dark grey, lighter grey.
          2005 36TK3 #1869
          2010 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
            Pictures don't lie!
            Below is a pic of a slide with partial paint. This was sent to me in an email from a DRV sales rep.

His quote, " On your question Partial paint. The Mobile Suite is painted with automotive paint (Sikkens) this is cut and buff with 2 coats of clear, the partial paint means the ends of slide out box is not painted, (picture attached) The material “Azdel” comes from our supplier with base color of unit. This saves our paint shop few extra steps from painting the slide out boxes."

So as you said, "Pictures dont lie!"

slide pic.jfif

Comment

Mine has partial paint and more than a couple of times I've been tempted to paint the slides ends to match the body and slides, including stripes. Maybe someday.

EDIT: Would someone with full body paint please post a picture of their unit with slides open? I've looked everywhere, including the DRV website and several dealers and can't find any paint on the sides of slides matching the GRAPHICS scheme of the unit.

Cheers, Ron
              Last edited by Wiredawg Chief; 01-24-2020, 12:42 PM.
              2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
              2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

This ones at Rolling Retreats.

Comment

I was referring to the outside of the RV as shown in my pic. I did not show the sides of the slides. So they paint the body color the same color the sides of the slides are without paint it sounds like.

Thanks for the clarification.
                  39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

Originally posted by 2007dura View Post
                    This ones at Rolling Retreats.
                    Thanks for posting. I have complete automotive paint sprayer system so this will be easy to do. I had thought and could do a short ripple or wave as long as the ends match.

Cheers, Ron
                    2015 Mobile Suites 38RESB3 "Very Suite"
                    2017 Ram 5500Laramie Crew Cab 4X4, 9' CM tow body

Comment

Those stupid little "WIPERS" won't find a place on my DRV, I simply walk around with a broom handle and flip any seals that need to be.. About as bad of a look as the reflectors DRV wanted to place on mine to meet DOT regs as seen in pic above just to the left of the propane door. My fellow DRV Electrician buddy Tony helped wire and install the proper LED's instead.
                      39TKSB3 "Highly Elited"

Comment

We are buying a granite fusion colored suite from Rolling Suites. All we have is pictures of the colors and they are not very good for deciding what color dually chev truck to purchase. We are liking the silver or Cajun red but not sure if the red would look good or clash to much. They also make a metal color that may go well but we do not care a lot for that particular color. Black and other dark color are had to keep clean so we’re trying to stay away those, although we still like the Cajun red. Anyone have any suggestions or pictures of their rigs?

Comment

Working...
                        X