Bridge Heights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge Heights

Being a new owner of 2009 MS TK3 we are wondering about how we can identify roads with bridge heights so we don't remodel our Suite instantly. With all the knowledgeable travelers on here, thought someone would have a solution you may have used?

Larry & Diane

You will probably get several options for this, but we still rely on two things. The TRUCKERS ATLAS and our own eyes as we travel. Both methods have been successful thus far.

Happy RVing.

Comment

Bridges ????

We also use the Truckers Atlas and common sense. The Truckers Atlas is expensive but if used you want have to replace your roof. Flying J's is were I have always bought mine. I usually buy just before the new year comes out. GBY....
      Delaine and Lindy

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's (TRADED)
      2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 (Vanity Slide) #5057 (SOLD)

Trailer Saver Air ride TS 3 (Sold)

Pressure Pro System (SOLD)

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

As stated above,the trucker's atlas is a must have. It has a lot of valuable info .

Actually,JJ gave me this good advice a few years ago. I bought one at a Love's truck stop going down to Texas for the winter. I think it was $39 and I sent in for the $15 rebate ,which brought the price down to $24. Well worth the money.

Good Luck,
        orkirk
        2010 MS 36tk3 #5294
        17.5" tires and wheels
        rear camera
        Level Up system
        TrailAir C/P susp.
        Tri-Glide pin box
        2007 Chevy dually diesel
        Pressure Pro tire monitor
        Curt Q 20k
        Banks Speedbrake
        Tekonsha P3 controller
        7" Rand McNally RV GPS
        Hypertech Max Energy
        Fold-a-cover
        Oscar and Reta
        Fulltimers

Comment

All over passages & bridges under 14 feet are to be marked by signs as per D.O.T.
          The trucker atlas is you best guide. Keep you eyes open when going under anything.
          sigpic
          Lights
          Dan & Darlene Vin # 6946

Comment

We have found the "Trailer Life Directory Campground Navigator 2010" - via Good Sam's pricing helps both with route restrictions, grades, routes, and also to find campgrounds, fuel stations and about anything you need.

Was less than $40.

Craig...
            Craig, Cynthia and Pinot 2009 MS 36TKSB3 (# 4730) 2008 Ford F-450 (DRW,4x4)

Comment

Hi, you can try this, just pick the State you are traveling through and you can find the info you seek.
              BobQ

http://aitaonline.com/?pageid=2006
              Bob & Snookie
              2012 38RSSB3/VANITY SLIDE
              2006 F-550 CUSTOM HAULER BED / Auto Air Ride
              TrailerSaver TSL3 Hitch

Comment

One thing to remember, bridges and overpasses need to be noted below 14-0 as someone said above.

Nothing was ever said about TREE LIMBS. I still need to add a dummy set of CB antennas on the mirrors of the new truck but they will extend up 4" above the top most part of the trailer before we hit any back roads with the new trailer. That way I can slow down when I see a low hanging limb and if one of the antennas hit the limb, one of us will get out and watch to see if the trailer will pass.

Come to think of it, a gas powered pole saw might be a handy accessory....
                2012 Freightliner M2-112 with DD13, Allison 4000 and Trailer Saver

2015 38RSSA Elite #7598

Comment

Let me try again. We subscribe to lowclearances.com. This service provides a database of low clearances based on a height you select that can be imprted as POIs to you nav system. We also use trucker atlas.

Regards.
                  Michael and Katherine (Moe and Flo on the go)
                  Full-time since March 2017

2016 F450, DRW, Crew Cab, Goodyear airbags, TrailerSaver TSLB2H hitch
                  2014.5 Elite Suites 38RESB3, vanity slide, customized. #6987

Comment

Originally posted by Larry950 View Post
                    Being a new owner of 2009 MS TK3 we are wondering about how we can identify roads with bridge heights so we don't remodel our Suite instantly. With all the knowledgeable travelers on here, thought someone would have a solution you may have used?

Larry & Diane
                    First thing I would do is find a level surface and pull your rig to it. Then take a long straight edge and a level and place it on the highest point of the RV. make sure the straight edge is level. And then with the help of a friend, measure the exact height at that point. Now you know what clearance you need. After that There a re POI's and atlases that have some of that information.

Comment

Working...
                    X