Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS On Cell Phone

Hi All,

Thought as a new guy I'd offer some good info since I'll be picking your brains a whole lot.

Last year when my cell contract with Sprint expired I switched to Verizon for one reason, they had GPS on the phone.

My review of it is one word, awesome.

All you do is put in the info of the place you're going and it talks you through the route. If you miss your turn it reconfigures the route and gets you there.

The only down sides I've found is that if you are going someplace distant you need the address and it doesn't warn you of traffic jams.
    Brian

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

gps on cell phone

AT&T Tilt (8925) has built in GPS. Downloading both or either Google Maps for Mobile devices and Microsoft Live Search. Live Search offers fuel prices and traffic.
    1SG US Army Retired
    2006 ES TK3 #3068
    1999 International Weirs Towmaster

Comment

Cell Phone & GPS

All cell phones with 1X technology have built in GPS which you can disable on your cell phone menu.

Different vendors offer packages on cell phone routing that will give routes and "ping" the cell phone to verify routing. There is a cost to this process.

The last time I looked at the cell technology; the mapping and tracking was no match to garmain and other vendors i.e. map quality and off route alerts.
      JTS
      2014 TKSB3

Comment

Live search

Brian,

Add LIVE SEARCH to your phone. You can get traffic updates on your route.
        1SG US Army Retired
        2006 ES TK3 #3068
        1999 International Weirs Towmaster

Comment

Gps

Has anyone found a GPS unit that lists RV parks or State Parks?
          Robert & Nona
          2003 Mobile Suite 36CK3 #667
          2009 Dodge RAM 3500 Diesel DRW

Comment

mia moov 200

you just have to get in there and edit the poi settings.

hope this helps...
            Huck & Dodie
            Bouse, AZ/Franklin, PA
            2005 RE3 MS #2163
            2006 F-350 4X4 CC
            sigpic

Comment

I downloaded an App on my iPhone for RV Parks from a former Fulltimer. He added CG's in our area, after I emailed him that it was missing the one we're currently sitting in. Haven't moved since the download, but it should come in handy traveling to our next location.

We're not Escapee's, but they also have a Free App available.
              Vickie & David
              SOITC #6956

2014 1/4 Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3
              Alicia - Custom kitchen
              2014 F450 KR 4x4
              Titan 65g tank
              2015 Lance 1172

Working Fulltimers since March 2005: Lucky us, we get paid to live like this !!!

Comment

Apple Iphone....

Delaine has the Apple I phone and its awesome. A few months back we went to look at the small computers for ease in handling to use when rolling down the road. The saleperson at AT&T suggested the I phone, well if I'm back in her area again I will buy her a Kids meal . I didn't get a upgrade at the time but I think I will get the Apple I phone. Just like a computer except you can put it in your pocket. GBY....
                Delaine and Lindy

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's (TRADED)
                2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 (Vanity Slide) #5057 (SOLD)

Trailer Saver Air ride TS 3 (Sold)

Pressure Pro System (SOLD)

"WE ARE BLESSED"

Comment

I have the Verizon Touchpro 2 and it is great. I use Google maps with the built-in GPS and it shows traffic as well as poi's from google. It costs nothing. Verizon wants $9.00 a month for their GPS function. The TP2 is a windows based computer (6.1 Windows Mobile) with a sliding Keyboard. Would not have a phone without the sliding keyboard. Great for texting and sending Word and Excel docs. as well as downloading your email and browsing the web. ie: SOITC Forum!!!! Oh and I also I use it as an Internet wireless WIFI router. That way I use my Laptop and Eileen can use her laptop and we use the broadband service I already pay for if there is no wifi at the park we are staying at.
                  Randy, Eileen and Maggie(Beagle)
                  2007 Select Suites TK3 #3117
                  2006 Ford F-350, CC, SWD
                  Pullright Sliding Hitch,LCD Mounted in Storage Door
                  Trailair Level Up Stage 3 (Remote Control)
                  Lippert Under Chassis Storage
                  Pressure Pro, Garmin 660
                  Winegard Direct TV Travler Sat. Dish
                  Rearview Camera, Progressive Industries Surge Protector
                  New Palestine, Indiana
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X